December 16th, 2011
Yippee, Friday at last! Lots of things going on in Bermuda over the festive season so I don’t want to hear any of you complaining about being bored! Here’s what’s coming up:
- Dig out your best red and white ensemble, as tonight is BermudaSalsa.com’s Annual Christmas Party! This will be at Rumba’r (Victoria Grill, formerly Latin Restaurant) from 8.30pm until 12.30am. This will include a special holiday performance, Latin and contemporary music by SalsaMania DJs, plus a raffle draw at midnight (prizes include dinner vouchers, dance class vouchers, and surprise gifts from the BermudaSalsa.com family and its partners) and an optional dress code of red and white. As always, this event is free and open to all – for more information, visit www.bermudasalsa.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Here’s the flyer!
- Jiketsu Martial Productions is proud to present the 3rd Budo Cup Championships tomorrow at the BHS Gymnasium. Doors open at 9am and the tournament starts at 10am. Registration costs $25 and admission costs $10 for adults and $5 for children. This event will feature some of Bermuda’s most promising young martial artists and successful participants will be scouted as potential members of the WKF Junior National Team representing Bermuda at future World Karate Federation Championships. Proceeds will be in aid of Jiketsu Foundation Award of Excellence, the Youth Martial Arts Program and support of the Coalition for Protection of Children – here’s the flyer!
- Ready to go out again after the big day of Christmas indulgence? Quality Entertainment are giving you a Boxing Day option with Swagg City on Monday, December 26th. Hosted by The Strawberry Girls, this event will be at Pier 6 on Front Street from 10pm until 3am with music by Twin Starr, Jim Brown and China & Bussy. Tickets cost $20 for ladies and $25 for gents and the first 100 ladies will receive complementary goodie bags and drink specials all night – here’s the flyer!
- I was just thinking that there doesn’t seem to be as many NYE parties as last year, when BAM, three more come along at once! First up is Rock the Beach at Bermuda Bistro at the Beach who are offering an open bar from 10pm until 11pm, complimentary hors d’oeuvres and party favours, champagne at midnight and music by DJ Rusty G and NewEra. Doors open at 9pm, early bird tickets are $40, standard tickets are $50 and they are available from The Beach, Mambo, DJs or event reps – here’s the flyer!
- If you want to party like it’s the end of the world, then you might want to join iMega, YGS, King Jyrus, DJ Smokey and DJ Aztec at Pier 6 for 2012: Party Like There’s No Tomorrow. From 10pm until 3am, there will be special giveaways, a champagne toast at midnight and much more. Tickets are $60 and available from Jazzy Boutique or Kit & Caboodle – here’s the flyer!
- Finally, Cambridge Beaches’ offering is the black tie casino-themed night, The Luck of Love. This includes a Gala Cocktail party from 7.30pm, a 5 course dinner at 8.30pm and the evening will also feature special Cambridge Beaches cocktails and hors d’oeuvres, a casino night, party favours, raffles and entertainment by DJ Fozzy. Tickets cost $185 per person, including grats, and for every 5 people in your group you will receive a 5% discount and a complimentary house bottle of wine. They also have Carpe Nocturne Room Specials if you want to spend the night at a cost of $250 for a deluxe room (water or ocean view), breakfast (in bed, if you wish) plus a $50 spa credit. Reservations are essential and can be made by emailing email@example.com or calling 234-0331 ext 289 – here’s the flyer!
Quick Recap of Upcoming Bermuda Events
Click on the event name to be taken to the original post with full details. No link means that the details are in this current post. For a handy Calendar view, click here to go to the Bermuda Calendar section:
Re-Interpreting the European Collection – September 1st to May 31st, 2012
Good Morning Bermuda by Scott Gemmell and Pulp Fiction by Ampah Tivakam-Hubbard – November 25th to January 4th
Fairmont Teddy Bear Tea – December 1st to 24th
Bermuda.com 12 Days of Christmas – November 30th to December 21st
BMDS Pantomime: Cinderella – December 8th to 17th
Gibbons Company Charity Fridays – December 16th
BermudaSalsa.com’s Red & White Christmas Party – December 16th
The Nutcracker Holiday Spectacular – December 16th and 17th
2nd Annual Hospitality Career Expo – December 17th
Fairmont Southampton Night Golf – December 17th
3rd Budo Cup Championships – December 17th
BIFFlix Monthly Film Series: Gainsbourg: A Heroic Life – December 18th
Amore Bermuda: The Passion for Italian Cooking Launch Party – December 18th
Gibbons Company Charity Fridays – December 23rd
Docksiders Christmas Rave – December 23rd
Lemon Tree Pre-Christmas Happy Hour – December 23rd
The Salvation Army Carollers at Fairmont Hamilton Princess – December 24th
Christmas Day at Lido (Elbow Beach) – December 25th
Christmas Day Brunch at Hamilton Princess – December 25th
Traditional Gala Buffet at Hamilton Princess – December 25th
Swagg City – December 26th
New Year’s Eve with Dave Bootle (Fairmont Southampton) – December 31st
New Year’s Eve at Lido (Elbow Beach)– December 31st
Spectacular Six Course Dinner at Harley’s Restaurant – December 31st
New Year’s Eve at Chopsticks – December 31st
Rock the Beach at Bermuda Bistro at the Beach – December 31st
2012: Party Like There’s No Tomorrow – December 31st
The Luck of Love at Cambridge Beaches – December 31st
Brunch at Harley’s Restaurant – January 1st
Tokio Youth Mountain Bike Series – January 7th
History of Literature Club – January 7th
Best of Alonzo Bodden – January 11th
Just for Laughs Bermuda – January 12th to 14th
2012 Bermuda Marathon Weekend – January 13th to 15th
toLabor Birth Doula Training and Certification Programme – January 13th to 15th
Bermuda Festival of the Performing Arts – January 17th to February 26th
Tokio Youth Mountain Bike Series – January 15th
Tokio Youth Mountain Bike Series – January 21st
Tokio Youth Mountain Bike Series – January 28th
This has been doing the rounds across the island so I’m sure most of you have seen it by now, but just in case:
Enjoy the LAST weekend before Christmas!