December 22nd, 2011
Morning Lovely People!
Well, this is my last post this week so I just wanted to wish you all a very merry Christmas for Sunday! And if you don't celebrate Christmas, then I hope you enjoy the happy vibes at this time of year. Be good to each other!
- One for all the students returning home is the Welcome Back College Party at Moon Nightclub and Lounge tomorrow, Friday, December 23rd, with drinks specials on selected brands and music by YGS, Rusty G, DJ Aztec and NewEra. Doors open at 10pm and entry is free to all college students (with valid college ID) before 11pm. Tickets are $20 on the door, or $15 in advance from Sound Stage, Kit & Caboodle or DJs – here's the flyer!
- Another Friday option is the Naughty Nuvo Christmas Party at Rumbar from 10pm until 3am. No need to worry about the freezing temperatures we've been experiencing lately as Rumbar now has outdoor heaters and a retractable canopy over the dance floor! Music is by King Jyrus, iMega and Twin Starr, Nuvo Pink Drink specials will be available for all ladies wearing something Pink or Yellow and they will also be giving away 2 bottles of Nuvo Yellow to the best dressed ladies in the party! Tickets are $10 for ladies, $20 for gents and are available from Kit 'n' Caboodle or Jazzy Boutique – here's the flyer!
- Don't feel like staying home on Christmas Night? You don't have to – Victoria Grill/Rumbar are having a Christmas Party from 10am until 3am. Music is by King Jyrus, Young Gunz Int and Dynasty, with drinks specials on Hpnotiq, Hpnotic Harmonie and Hennessey! Entry is free for ladies before 11pm, $15 afterwards and $20 for gents all night – here's the flyer!
- If you can rouse yourself from your food coma from the day before, then you may be interested in the Puss in Boots Party at Moon Nightclub and Lounge on Boxing Day, Monday, December 26th. Music is by DJ Young Chow, Y.G.S and iMega with dress code for ladies being little black dress and boots and men having a little more leeway with no sneakers, printed t-shirts, baggy jeans or baseball caps. Advance tickets are $30 (more on the door) and available from Kit 'n' Caboodle or Jazzy Boutique – here's the flyer!
- New Year’s Eve in the Olde Towne of St. George’s has been “saved” by a group of awesome volunteers and local businesses and it looks like they'll be offering a unique celebration with something to please everyone. From 7pm onwards on King’s Square and Ordnance Island, there will be a kids' area with rides, bouncy castles, face painting and a mechanical bull ride(!). From 6.30pm until 9pm, local photographers will project images of their work onto some of Bermuda’s oldest buildings on Water Street, creating an evolving photographic art gallery. A DJ, Working Title Band (featuring Lamont Robinson) and The Reality Sound System will be providing music from 9pm. Fire Eaters will mark the approach to midnight from 11.40pm, followed by the Town Crier’s Countdown to Midnight (complete with Onion Drop) and bagpiper David Frith will pipe in the New Year with Auld Lang Syne! This will be followed by a 15 minute laser light show and then the DJ until 1am. Late revellers are encouraged to stay the night in the East End to avoid the drive home and advise that a few rooms are still available at Rosewood Tucker’s Point , the St. George’s Club and a number of bed and breakfast places in the East End. Sweet SAAK bakery (located at CV Cafe on Water Street) will be offering a cod-fish breakfast after midnight and Polaris will be serving a special brunch on New Year’s Day - here's the flyer!
- Another NYE option in Hamilton is the NYE Party at Moon Nightclub and Lounge (wow, Moon have a LOT going on right now!). Hosted by Fiyah Marshall, this event will include a Balloon Money Drop at midnight, a photo booth, Bermuda's only Oxygen Bar, happy hour until 11pm, giveaways and DJ Supatone will be playing the best club music, top 40 and party classics from the 70s through to the end of 2011. You are also promised "surprises all night long and so much more" and VIP seating and bottle service will available for the night (contact 595-6666 or firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve). Tickets are $35 ticket and are available from www.bdatix.com or at the door - here's the flyer!
- Newstead Belmont Hills are once again running their popular Girls Night Out package. This is a VIP weekend for 4 and includes: a 2-Bedroom, 2 1/2 Bathroom Suite at the Newstead Hotel; early check in at 12 noon on Saturday; 30 minute massage, facial or mani/pedi at Newstead Spa; access to the pool, hot tub, tennis courts & 24-hour gym; chauffeur and door-to-door transportation; three-course dinner and a drink at Blu; a night of fun and dancing at Café Cairo; breakfast for 4 served in your suite; optional golf Lessons at Belmont Golf Club; and a late checkout at 1pm on Sunday. The cost is $250 per person (based on 4 ladies per suite), the offers starts on January 7th, 2012 and spaces are limited - here's the flyer!
Quick Recap of Upcoming Bermuda Events
Click on the event name to be taken to the original post with full details. No link means that the details are in this current post. For a handy Calendar view, click here to go to the Bermuda Calendar section:
Re-Interpreting the European Collection - September 1st to May 31st, 2012
Good Morning Bermuda by Scott Gemmell and Pulp Fiction by Ampah Tivakam-Hubbard - November 25th to January 4th
Fairmont Teddy Bear Tea - December 1st to 24th
Bermuda.com 12 Days of Christmas - November 30th to December 21st
Gibbons Company Charity Fridays - December 23rd
Docksiders Christmas Rave - December 23rd
Lemon Tree Pre-Christmas Happy Hour - December 23rd
Welcome Back College Party at Moon - December 23rd
Naughty Nuvo Christmas Party at Rumbar – December 23rd
The Salvation Army Carollers at Fairmont Hamilton Princess - December 24th
Christmas Day at Lido (Elbow Beach) - December 25th
Christmas Day Brunch at Hamilton Princess - December 25th
Traditional Gala Buffet at Hamilton Princess - December 25th
Victoria Grill/Rumbar Christmas Party – December 25th
Swagg City - December 26th
Puss in Boots Party at Moon – December 26th
Arts for All at Masterworks - December 29th to 31st
New Year's Eve with Dave Bootle (Fairmont Southampton) - December 31st
New Year's Eve at Lido (Elbow Beach)– December 31st
Spectacular Six Course Dinner at Harley’s Restaurant - December 31st
New Year's Eve at Chopsticks - December 31st
Rock the Beach at Bermuda Bistro at the Beach - December 31st
2012: Party Like There's No Tomorrow - December 31st
The Luck of Love at Cambridge Beaches - December 31st
Sea Breeze Salsa New Year's Eve Party at 64 Degrees - December 31st
New Year’s Eve in the Olde Towne of St. George’s – December 31st
NYE Party at Moon Nightclub and Lounge – December 31st
Brunch at Harley’s Restaurant - January 1st
Tokio Youth Mountain Bike Series - January 7th
History of Literature Club - January 7th
Caledonian Society of Bermuda: The Inbetweeners Movie - January 8th
Best of Alonzo Bodden - January 11th
Just for Laughs Bermuda - January 12th to 14th
2012 Bermuda Marathon Weekend - January 13th to 15th
toLabor Birth Doula Training and Certification Programme - January 13th to 15th
Bermuda Festival of the Performing Arts - January 17th to February 26th
Tokio Youth Mountain Bike Series - January 15th
Tokio Youth Mountain Bike Series - January 21st
Tokio Youth Mountain Bike Series - January 28th