December 6th, 2011
Lots of seasonal Bermuda events coming up – are you feeling festive yet? If not, you soon will be:
- Bermuda.com is once again teaming up with local retailers (including P-Tech, Hunt's, Gibbons Company, Lusso, Boutique CC, and several more) to offer exclusive discounts and promotions in their 12 Days of Christmas. This kicked off on November 30th and includes a total of 12 shopping days (and nights) in total between then and December 21st. For more details of dates, times and retailers, see www.bermuda.com/christmas - here's the flyer!
- Petals would like to invite you to their 1st Annual Holiday Season Workshops tonight and tomorrow! One of their floral designers will start each workshop with a demonstration, guiding you through the process of making your own custom-designed 12” wreath or a miniature tree (which you get to take home with you) and both evenings include a selection of decorations and materials. Tonight's workshop is on Miniature Tree Design from 6pm until 8pm and costs $100 per person. Tomorrow's workshop is on 12” Wreath Design from 6pm until 8pm and costs $75 per person. Spaces are limited but you can reserve by calling 292-7303 or firstname.lastname@example.org – here's the flyer!
- Seasons Learning Centre, the fine arts nursery/preschool are bringing us a Christmas story with a difference on Friday, December 9th as they present A Slave Girl's Christmas. This will be at the Whitney Institute at 5.30pm and the young actors will interpret this story through drama, singing, dancing, spoken word and more. Refreshments will be sold between 4.30pm and 5.15pm and doors will open at 5pm. Tickets are available from www.bdatix.com and cost $5 for children, $12 for adults and $20 for patrons (reserved section) – here's the flyer!
- The best place to enjoy the Christmas Boat Parade this coming Saturday is from the water – but what if you don't have access to a boat? Fear not, the ÜberVida is giving you an option to get involved, as they are competing to be the Most Fun Boat to Be Aboard, and are making tickets available to everyone. The boat departs from #1 Dock, across from Pickled Onion at 5.30pm and advance tickets are $20 from www.bdatix.com or $30 on the night. There will also be food available for purchase onboard – here's the flyer and here's the link to the event on Facebook!
- Bermuda Ocean Explorers and Keep Bermuda Beautiful are hosting the 1st Annual End of Year Beach Cleanup at Church Bay, Southampton on Sunday, December 11th. There will be a short presentation by KBB will at 2pm sharp, and then the cleanup will go on until 4pm. Gloves and bags will be provided, as will food, snacks, juice, water and music. You are also promised special guests, giveaways, prizes and special announcements. Here's the flyer and here's the link to the event on Facebook.
- Something else to get you in the holiday spirit, the In Motion School of Dance presents The Nutcracker Holiday Spectacular on Friday, December 16th at 7pm and Saturday, December 17th at 2pm and 7pm at the Ruth Seaton James Centre for the Performing Arts. Tickets are $5 or $60 for patrons and available now on www.bdatix.com – here's the flyer!
- The Bermuda Hospitality Institute will be hosting their 2nd Annual Hospitality Career Expo on Saturday, December 17th at the Fairmont Hamilton Princess. This will be from 9am until 2pm and the workshop sessions will cover topics such as business ethics and Bermudian culture and engagement while the panels and breakout sessions will give you the opportunity to discuss hospitality career opportunities. In addition, industry careers will be showcased by nearly two dozen businesses, there will be chefs presentations, career information and guidance, and networking opportunities. New this year is a Kids Programme for children aged 8 to 13 years and will provide a preview to the BHI’s Hospitality Skills = Life Skills programme that will start in selected schools in 2012. They will feature interactive, hands-on hospitality stations, goodie bags and more. Registration is free and open now and, as an added incentive, the first 200 people to register will receive complimentary breakfast and lunch. For more information, or to register, see www.bhi.bm, or call 295-5049 – here's the flyer!
- For the last time in 2011, Docksiders will be raving again on Friday, December 23rd from 10pm until 3am, with glow sticks, finger lights, stroke lights as well as fog and snow machines. Dance, techno and dubstep will be courtesy of DJs Einstein, Supa J, Smokey, OB1 and Chels and there will be drink specials on Corona, Black Seal and Absolut! Tickets will be $20 on the door and $15 in advance. Here's the flyer and here's the link to the event on Facebook.
- One of my favourite events of the year, Just for Laughs Bermuda, will be at the Fairmont Southampton Mid-Ocean Ampitheatre from Thursday, January 12th until Saturday, January 14th. If you missed him last year, you'll be delighted to know that Alonzo Bodden is coming back to host, and three international comics, Ryan Hamilton (USA), Derek Edwards (Canada) and Alun Cochrane (UK) along with local talent Jonathan Young will be performing. Thursday night will have cabaret-style seating at round tables of 4, 6 or 10 and will cost $85 per person. The show will begin at 8pm and drinks and finger food will be available at your table. Friday and Saturday have theatre-style seating and tickets are $75 for general admission, $85 for reserved seating. The Friday show starts at 8.30pm and on Saturday, there are two shows at 7pm and 10pm. All shows run for about 2 hours, including 15 minute intermission. In addition to JFL, Alonzo Bodden will be starring in a one-man show, Best of Alonzo Bodden at City Hall Theatre on Wednesday, January 11th at 8pm and tickets are $45. Tickets are on sale now at www.bdatix.bm. The Waterlot Inn and Bacci pre-show menus will be available again, as will the special room rate of $149 at the Fairmont Southampton. For more details, please see www.comedyevent.bm - here's the flyer!
Quick Recap of Upcoming Bermuda Events
Click on the event name to be taken to the original post with full details. No link means that the details are in this current post. For a handy Calendar view, click here to go to the Bermuda Calendar section:
Re-Interpreting the European Collection - September 1st to May 31st, 2012
Good Morning Bermuda by Scott Gemmell and Pulp Fiction by Ampah Tivakam-Hubbard - November 25th to January 4th
Bermuda.com 12 Days of Christmas – November 30th to December 21st
Fairmont Teddy Bear Tea - December 1st to 24th
Petals 1st Annual Holiday Season Workshops – December 6th and 7th
L'Alliance Française Christmas Cocktail - December 7th
Taking Care of the Caregiver - December 8th
BMDS Pantomime: Cinderella - December 8th to 17th
Gibbons Company Charity Fridays - December 9th
Fairmont Hamilton Princess Snow Ball Party - December 9th
Bermuda Road Safety Council Photo Booth - December 9th
A Slave Girl's Christmas – December 9th
Bermuda Boat Parade - December 10th
G&S Opera: Satyagraha - December 10th
Cambridge Beaches Shop & Savour - December 10th
ÜberVida at the Bermuda Boat Parade – December 10th
1st Annual End of Year Beach Cleanup – December 11th
Gibbons Company Charity Fridays - December 16th
The Nutcracker Holiday Spectacular – December 16th and 17th
2nd Annual Hospitality Career Expo – December 17th
Gibbons Company Charity Fridays - December 23rd
Docksiders Christmas Rave – December 23rd
The Salvation Army Carollers at Fairmont Hamilton Princess - December 24th
Christmas Day at Lido (Elbow Beach) - December 25th
Christmas Day Brunch at Hamilton Princess - December 25th
Traditional Gala Buffet at Hamilton Princess - December 25th
New Year's Eve with Dave Bootle (Fairmont Southampton) - December 31st
New Year's Eve at Lido (Elbow Beach)– December 31st
Spectacular Six Course Dinner at Harley’s Restaurant - December 31st
Brunch at Harley’s Restaurant - January 1st
Tokio Youth Mountain Bike Series - January 7th
History of Literature Club - January 7th
Best of Alonzo Bodden – January 11th
Just for Laughs Bermuda – January 12th to 14th
2012 Bermuda Marathon Weekend - January 13th to 15th
toLabor Birth Doula Training and Certification Programme - January 13th to 15th
Bermuda Festival of the Performing Arts - January 17th to February 26th
Tokio Youth Mountain Bike Series - January 15th
Tokio Youth Mountain Bike Series - January 21st
Tokio Youth Mountain Bike Series - January 28th
Enjoy the rest of the week!