February 15th, 2012
Hope you all had a lovely Valentine's Day! Here are the latest Bermuda events and offers:
- As mentioned previously, Bermuda Department of Tourism are running Feel the Love Month from January 16th to March 3rd – Fairmont Southampton have kindly sent me details of their participation. At Jasmine Lounge, they will be offering a Chocolate Extravaganza from 8pm on Fridays – the cost is $15 per person and includes a complimentary Champagne Cocktail. On Saturdays at 3.30pm, there will be a complimentary Cooking Demonstration paired with a beer, wine or rum tasting (Wine on February 11th, Beer on February 18th and Rum at February 25th). Bacci are offering a daily special Feel the Love Menu which includes a complimentary glass of Prosecco on arrival and Waterlot are offering a complimentary Mimosa on arrival with their Sunday Brunch (reservations required for both – call 238-8000). In addition to all this, they will also be offering a Feel The Love Tourist Challenge Night Golf Tournament every Thursday evening at 5.30pm at The Fairmont Southampton Golf Club. The cost is $40 per person and you can sign up at the Golf Shop at 239-6953 by Thursdays at 1pm.
- Bermuda Folk Club are hosting their First Open Mic Night of 2012 at Spanish Point Boat Club on Saturday, February 18th. Doors open at 7.30pm, with the performances running from 8pm until 10.30pm. Admission is $10 for non-members, $8 for members and, if interested in performing, you can sign up by emailing email@example.com. For more information, see their site at www.folkclub.bm or their FB Page here.
- Calling all jobseekeers in the construction industry, the Department of Labour and Training is encouraging you to bring your updated resume and references and attend the 2012 Construction Job Fair on Thursday, February 23rd. This will be at Bermuda College from 10am until 3pm with pre-registration at the NTB Offices. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 292-3700 – here's the flyer!
- Cambridge Beaches have some upcoming Ayurvedic Balancing Yoga & Ayurvedic Balance courses. Firstly, Ayurvedic Balancing Yoga, a 6-week course at a cost of $108 or $20 per class, start from Tuesday, February 28th from 6.30pm until 8pm. In addition to this, there is also an offer on three Ayurvedic Balance 50-minute sessions at a cost of $420, a saving of $85. This combines Ayurvedic Energy & Chakra Balancing restoring equilibrium to your chi and body elements. For the ultimate experience, you can combine both for a total cost of $504, a saving of $117. For reservations, call The Ocean Spa on 234 3636 – here's the flyer!
- The Learning Disabilities Association of Bermuda (LDAB) is holding their AGM on Wednesday, February 29th in the Vallis Building, 2nd Floor Par-La-Ville Road, Hamilton. New Members are welcome – here's the flyer!
- The Fairmont Southampton and Bacardi International have announced the dates for the Annual Bacardi National Par-3 Championship. This two-day, 36-hole championship golf tournament will be played at The Fairmont Southampton on Saturday, March 24th and Sunday, March 25th, with a Corporate Day for sponsors on Friday, March 23rd. This tournament is open to both amateur and professional golfers and is sanctioned by the Bermuda Golf Association (BGA) and the Professional Golfers’ Association of Bermuda (BPGA) and benefits the Bermuda Red Cross and the New Beginnings Education Trust – details and signup forms are available at www.fairmont.com/southampton/HotelPackages/Golf/BacardiPar3Tournament.htm.
- Ocean Spa at Cambridge Beaches are repeating their offer from last month and are giving a $40 discount from selected 50-minute treatments. You can choose from 4 treatments (Sothys Homme Facial, Essence of the Orient, Detoxifying Body or Renewing Facial) for $115 (gratuity included) – here's the flyer with full details!
- More special offers from Fairmont Southampton – their Tee for Free promotion includes the third night free for any 4 night stay, with 2 free rounds of golf and a $100 spa credit – for full details, see the link here.
- Have your New Year's Get Fitter resolutions fallen by the wayside already? Don't worry, there's still time to get back on it. Sandys 360 are currently running a special offer from today until the end of the month where, if you sign up for 6 classes at a cost of $90, you get 2 free classes. The classes included in the offer are Body Pump on Mondays at 6.30pm, Body Combat on Wednesdays at 6.30pm, and Boot Camp on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 4pm – here's the flyer!
Quick Recap of Upcoming Bermuda Events
Click on the event name to be taken to the original post with full details. No link means that the details are in this current post. For a handy Calendar view, click here to go to the Bermuda Calendar section:
Re-Interpreting the European Collection - September 1st to May 31st, 2012
Bermuda Department of Tourism Feel The Love Month – January 16th to March 3rd
Bermuda Festival of the Performing Arts - January 17th to February 26th
Famous for Fifteen Minutes - February 9th to 18th
Sandys 360 February Mid-Term Camp - February 13th to 17th
Somerset School of Dancing Mid-Term Camp - February 13th to 17th
Proud To Be Bermudian Mid Term Camp - February 13th to 17th
Warwick Academy Clothing Mart Public Sale - February 15th to 19th
Writer's Retreat at Cambridge Beaches - February 17th to 19th
Bermuda Folk Club Open Mic Night – February 18th
Introductory Workshop in the ITM Alexander Technique - February 21st
2012 Construction Job Fair – February 23rd
Wines Down Under Wine Tasting - February 24th
An Evening with Brian McKnight – February 25th
BIFFlix Monthly Film Series: The Woman in the Fifth - February 25th
Validus Re Running of the Bulls 5K – February 26th
Argus Walk the Walk Charity 5K Walk - February 26th
BIFF: Live From The Red Carpet - February 26th
Ayurvedic Balancing Yoga course starts – February 28th
Learning Disabilities Association of Bermuda (LDAB) AGM – February 29th
Parent Infant Group: Adjusting to Parenting - March 1st
Summer Camp & Activities Mini Fair - March 2nd
Reiki Level 1 Workshop at Cambridge Beaches – March 3rd
Family Centre: Celebrate the Night - March 3rd
The Hilarious Comedy of Damian the Hypnotist - March 3rd
Parent Infant Group: Play and Learning - March 8th
Fight Night XIV: Fists of Fury - March 10th
Bermuda’s First Island Challenge - March 10th
Comedy & Magic - March 11th
Hasty Pudding Theatricals: There Will Be Flood - March 14th to 16th
Parent Infant Group: Feeding and Nutrition - March 15th
Parent Infant Group: Taking Care of Yourself - March 22nd
Annual Bacardi National Par-3 Championship – March 23rd to 25th
Bermuda's Entertainers at Their Best - April 7th
Business Bermuda Seminars: Investing for Retirement - April 12th
Enjoy the rest of the week!