February 1st, 2012
So, apparently I blinked and missed January?! If time continues to pass by this quickly, it'll be 2015 before we know it…which means we can all finally buy hoverboards!! Anyway, Bermuda events:
- The BEPRO Lunch 'N’ Learn Series is back at the Bermuda Chamber of Commerce today from 12 noon until 1pm. In The State of Bermuda's Economy, speaker Lamar Caines, Financial Analyst, Planning & Analysis at Bank of N.T. Butterfield will cover what drives the economy, current state of core industries, Government's impact and solutions. Lunch will be provided. This event is free for members or $10 for non-members. To register, RSVP to email@example.com – here's the flyer!
- Thanks to all the money raised by all those hilarious moustaches sported by so many men in Bermuda throughout November, there will be an Afternoon of FREE Health Screening for Men over 40 Years Old tomorrow from noon until 6pm at #6 Shed, Front Street. These health screenings will be performed by professional staff who can also answer questions about men’s health and physicians and nutritionists will also be available for brief consultations. This initiative is targeted towards men over 40 years of age who are uninsured, or who do not visit their doctor at on least an annual basis. If this describes someone you care about, you might want to encourage them to go. Screenings will include blood glucose, blood pressure, body composition, lung function, foot exam and more For more information, please call 236-1001 – here's the flyer!
- A new Happy Hour option for Winter is at Vasco de Gama's V-Lounge. In collaboration with SeaBreeze Salsa and Premier Distributors, every Friday from 5pm, they promise amazing drink prices, Happy Hour hors d'oeuvres and great music, with live music from Lifestyles Entertainment from 9pm – here's the flyer!
- SeaBreeze Salsa and 64 Degrees have teamed up to offer Salsa Happy Hour Thursday every other Thursday, starting tomorrow February 2nd. From 6.30pm until 9pm, you can enjoy scenic views, themed menus and a special drink to the sounds of Salsa, Bachata, and Cha-Cha.
- On Friday, February 3rd at 7pm, CedarBridge Academy will present an adaptation of God’s Trombones by James Weldon Johnson at the Ruth Seaton James Auditorium. This production features the CedarBridge Symphonic Ensemble, students, teachers and community members performing short parables for the young and young at heart, comedic and dramatic scenes, poetry, liturgical dance and soul stirring gospel music. Dress code is formal black and white. Tickets are $20 for regular, $10 for students with I.D., or $100 for Patrons (includes VIP reception from 6pm until 6.45pm and your name included in the programme) and are available from www.bdatix.com or from CedarBridge Box Office at 296-9665 – here's the flyer!
- I've been hearing about some sort of big sporting event going on this Sunday? Bermuda Bistro at the Beach are hosting a Superbowl Party on Sunday, February 5th and are getting the party started right from brekkie, with a free mimosa or bloody mary with any breakfast purchase. From 4pm, there will be a special tailgate BBQ with all the great tailgating favourites, 2 for 1 pizzas, $23 buckets of beer, prize roulette wheel, squares, half time boat races, and lots of giveaways. There are no worries about them throwing you out right after the game either, as the afterparty will continue with more drink specials, DJ and dancing until 3am. For table reservations, please call the Beach at 292-0219 – here's the flyer!
- The monthly Ciné Club from L'Alliance Française des Bermudes will be showing Astérix & Obélix: Mission Cléopâtre on Tuesday, February 7th at 8pm. Tickets are $5 for members, $8 for non-members and $3 students. Full details can be found at www.alliancefrancaise.bm.
- Bermuda National Library invite you to "bring a book and break the ice" at their upcoming Read Dating event on Thursday, February 9th from 7pm until 8.30pm. This is for singles between the ages of 25 and 39 who enjoy reading and want to meet other like-minded individuals in a fun and casual environment. Admission is free but registration is required so please call 295-2905 – here's the flyer!
- More pre-Valentine's fun, this time at Rumbar for Seductive Saturday: Valentine's Edition on Saturday, February 11th, which will feature music by Dynasty, Jugglin Jason, D'General, DJ Chubb and King Jyrus. Tickets are $20 in advance or $25 on the door, with advance tickets available from Rumbar, Jazzy Boutique, Secrets, Kit n Caboodle – here's the flyer!
- The Church Girls' Brigade and Boys' Brigade are holding a fundraising Valentine's Fair and Car Wash at the Christian Education Centre, St Paul's Church Hall on Saturday, February 11th from 10am until 4pm. This will feature raffles, books, crafts, plants, refreshments, hot lunch and homemade soups, a fun castle, as-new goods, white elephant, a bake stall, chance and a children's stall – here's the flyer!
- If you missed the last one in mid-January, here's another chance – another Introductory Workshop in the ITM Alexander Technique with Cathy Aicardi will be on Tuesday, February 21st from 6.30pm to 8.30pm at Spirit House, Devonshire. This will cover a historical account of its origins, key definitions of the work, as well as foundational ideas and principles demonstrated through practical lesson experiences. Students of the Alexander Technique typically report an increase in mental and physical wellbeing (which can include pain reduction), increased efficiency and an ease and confidence in performance of all kinds. Registration and a $30 payment must be made by February 19th by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 234-5586 – here's the flyer!
- The Parent Infant Group at the Child Development Programme will be hosting a different topic each Thursday in March from 11am until 12.15pm. March 1st will be on the topic of Adjusting to Parenting, March 8th will be on Play and Learning, March 15th will be on Feeding and Nutrition, and the last session on March 22nd will be on Taking Care of Yourself. Registration ends on February 24th, so to register, contact Judith Brooks at email@example.com – here's the flyer!
- This year's St. George’s Foundation Annual Spring Family Fun Day and Spring Raffle Draw will take place in The World Heritage Centre at Penno's Wharf from noon until 6pm on Saturday, March 31st. Lots of family-friendly activities, such as face-painting, refreshments (popcorn, cotton candy, etc.), Dottie the Clown, giant slide, Barritt's Fun Castle and a wonder wheel, will be available. For more information, when available, see the website at www.stgeorgesfoundation.org - here's the flyer!
- Inner Sanctum are having some Valentine's specials coming up – here's the flyer with full details!
Quick Recap of Upcoming Bermuda Events
Click on the event name to be taken to the original post with full details. No link means that the details are in this current post. For a handy Calendar view, click here to go to the Bermuda Calendar section:
Re-Interpreting the European Collection - September 1st to May 31st, 2012
Bermuda Restaurant Week - January 16th to February 6th
Bermuda Department of Tourism Feel The Love Month – January 16th to March 3rd
Bermuda Festival of the Performing Arts - January 17th to February 26th
Year of the Black Water Dragon Menu at Chopsticks - January 23rd to February 6th
Mirrors presents Alfred "Coach" Powell - January 31st to February 1st
National Budget Town Hall Meetings - February 1st
BEPRO Lunch 'N’ Learn Series : The State of Bermuda's Economy – February 1st
Afternoon of FREE Health Screening for Men over 40 Years Old – February 2nd
Salsa Happy Hour Thursday starts – February 2nd
One Love Bob Marley Festival at Barr’s Park - February 3rd and 4th
Vasco de Gama's V-Lounge Happy Hour begins – February 3rd
God’s Trombones – February 3rd
Bermuda Bistro at the Beach Superbowl Party – February 5th
7th Annual Summer School Program and Recreation Camp Fair - February 7th
L'Alliance Française des Bermudes Ciné Club: Astérix & Obélix: Mission Cléopâtre – February 7th
How to Let your Pain Go for Good - February 8th
Valentine’s FlowerPeutic Couples Workshop - February 9th
Famous for Fifteen Minutes - February 9th to 18th
Bermuda National Library: Read Dating – February 9th
The Church Girls' Brigade and Boys' Brigade Valentine's Fair and Car Wash – February 11th
Seductive Saturday: Valentine's Edition at Rumbar – February 11th
Sandys 360 February Mid-Term Camp - February 13th to 17th
Somerset School of Dancing Mid-Term Camp - February 13th to 17th
Riddell's Bay Valentine's Day Dinner Dance - February 14th
Introductory Workshop in the ITM Alexander Technique – February 21st
An Evening with Brian McKnight – February 25th
Validus Re Running of the Bulls 5K – February 26th
Fight Night XIV: Fists of Fury - March 10th
Bermuda's Entertainers at Their Best - April 7th
Business Bermuda Seminars: Investing for Retirement - April 12th
Parent Infant Group: Adjusting to Parenting – March 1st
Parent Infant Group: Play and Learning – March 8th
Parent Infant Group: Feeding and Nutrition – March 15th
Parent Infant Group: Taking Care of Yourself – March 22nd
St. George’s Foundation Annual Spring Family Fun Day and Spring Raffle Draw - March 31st
Enjoy the rest of the week!