February 3rd, 2012
Happy Friday Everyone!
Yup, it's a two-post week because there is so much going on – if you're still bored in Bermuda, then I despair of you:
- The Adult Services Film Selection at Bermuda National Library this week is Moneyball with showtimes at 11am and 2pm. All are welcome – here's the flyer!
- Interested in developing both your creativity and your confidence? Improv Bermuda is running a eight-week Introduction to Improv Theatre Workshop on Wednesday evenings from 6pm until 8pm, starting February 8th. These adult classes will be held at the Bermuda School of Music at the old Berkeley Institute and have been designed to provides a safe space for total beginners, with exercises are used that allow students to gradually tap their creativity and befriend the unknown – so not just for quick-witted extroverts! The cost is $150 (or $75 for starving artists, students or activists) and you can register by calling 505-7011 or emailing email@example.com – here's the flyer!
- Bermuda Cancer and Health Centre’s Education Officer, Rhonda Smith-Simmons, will be hosting a free health presentation on What You Need to Know About Pancreatic Cancer on Thursday, February 9th. This will be at Bermuda Cancer and Health Centre at 46 Point Finger Road, Paget from 5.45pm. Smokers, diabetics and anyone with a family history of pancreatic cancer are particularly encouraged to attend and learn more about risk factors, signs and symptoms, and more. To register or for more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 236-0949 – here's the flyer!
- Dig out your best shorts and swimwear for the Mariners R.F.C Winter Blues Summer Dress Party on Saturday, February 11th as they invite you to "refuse to accept reality as you party like it's Cup Match"! This summer fun will be at Flanagan's Irish Pub and Restaurant/Outback Bar and Grill from 8pm. Tickets are $20 and available from www.premiertickets.bm - here's the flyer!
- The Department of Youth, Sport and Recreation are running a Proud To Be Bermudian Mid Term Camp at The Centre on Angle Street from Monday, February 13th until Friday, February 17th from 8.30am to 5.30pm. This camp will celebrate Black History Month, celebrate being Bermudian and show how the heroes in Bermudian society displayed character. The cost is $60 per child, $80 for two siblings or $100 for 3 siblings. To register, or for more information, contact Riche Robinson on 735-2081 or on email@example.com – here's the flyer!
- Looking for some bargains on clothing, kitchen equipment, toys, games, linens, china, books or shoes? The Warwick Academy Clothing Mart Public Sale will be on from 11am until 6pm on Wednesday, February 15th, and from noon until 5pm on Thursday the 16th until Saturday the 18th with a $3 Clear-Up Day Bag Sale on Sunday the 19th from 3pm until 5pm. This takes place in Warwick Academy's Phoebe Purvis Memorial Hall (PPMH), next to the pool. Please contact Lynne Fisher on 238-0434 for more information.
- Feel like you have a novel inside you waiting to get out? Writing coach, Jan Fraser is hosting a Writer's Retreat at Cambridge Beaches from 7.30pm on Friday, February 17th until 4pm on Sunday, February 19th. This retreat promises to provide the motivation, techniques and methods that help budding authors to pull it out of their head and put it down on paper. Before the weekend, Jan provides a one-on-one personal call to each participant to help them prepare their materials as well as their mind for the weekend. There is also an optional Saturday morning follow-up session in March to assess progress, and discuss publishing and marketing techniques. The fee is $785, which includes the follow-up session. Cambridge Beaches Hotel & Spa is offering participants a special rate of $165 plus tax, inclusive of breakfast. Participants will also receive complimentary Internet access, 15% discount on Ocean Spa Treatments and an upgrade to a deluxe room. All rooms will have water views. For more information, or to book your place, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 517-7924.
- Summer seems veeeeeery far away right now but it's best to be prepared, especially if you have kids! The Saltus Association are hosting a Summer Camp & Activities Mini Fair on Friday, March 2nd from 5pm until 7pm. This event is free and open to the public and will give you the opportunity to learn about the various summer programmes available. This will be at Saltus Junior School Hall (with parking at Bulls Head). For more information email email@example.com – here's the flyer!
- I know there's a lot of Reiki fans out there but have you ever thought of becoming a healer? Cambridge Beaches are offering a Reiki Level 1 Workshop on Saturday, March 3rd from 9am until 6pm. The workshop will include the history of Reiki, meditation to find your inner healer, how to explore your Chakras, receive Reiki Level 1 attunement, how to cleanse your aura and how to give a full Reiki treatment. The cost is $295. For more information, or to register, contact Bianca on 300 0505 or email firstname.lastname@example.org – here's the flyer!
- As boxing and Mixed Martial Arts fans will already be aware, Teachers RFC will be presenting Fight Night XIV: Fists of Fury on Saturday, March 10th. This year has a little added extra as local Teresa Perozzi will be defending her WBA Middleweight Title from American April Ward - yup, that's right, world class boxing right here in Bermuda! This event will take place The Berkeley Institute with the doors opening at 6pm and the first bout at 7pm. Tickets cost $65 for general admission, VIP tickets (includes open bar) cost $120 and they are available now from www.premiertickets.bm.
- Another Valentine's option to sweep someone special off their feet is available from Fairmont Hamilton Princess. Their Be My Valentine package includes overnight accommodation in a Fairmont Gold guestroom with a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries awaiting your arrival, rose petal turndown service and breakfast for two in the Fairmont Gold lounge. The cost is $309 per night, excluding taxes and grats and is available from February 10th until the 14th.
- More Valentine's specials, this time from Rosewood Tucker's Point. For $60, they are offering a 5 course Valentine's Day Menu, served by candlelight at the Point, with an optional wine flight available for an extra $40. At the same time they are running a local room promotion starting at $225 per night, combined with a spa promotion of 50% off a couple treatment or 2 individual treatments when two or more nights are booked. If this isn't enough, there will also be 20% off all pink and white items in the golf shop with the Divorce Cup Members and Guests Tournament on Saturday, February 12th (don't worry, singles can sign up too) - call 298-4000 for details or reservations!
- The Point at Rosewood Tucker's Point have brought back their Sunday Brunch Buffet for the Winter season. Chef Serge Bottelli has focused on showcasing the best from land and sea and will be including oysters and bloody marys, carved meats, and a decadent dessert selection. This will be served from noon until 3pm and costs $44 for adults or $22 for children under 12. For more information and reservations, call 298-4070 – here's the flyer!
Quick Recap of Upcoming Bermuda Events
Click on the event name to be taken to the original post with full details. No link means that the details are in this current post. For a handy Calendar view, click here to go to the Bermuda Calendar section:
Re-Interpreting the European Collection - September 1st to May 31st, 2012
Bermuda Restaurant Week - January 16th to February 6th
Bermuda Department of Tourism Feel The Love Month – January 16th to March 3rd
Bermuda Festival of the Performing Arts - January 17th to February 26th
Year of the Black Water Dragon Menu at Chopsticks - January 23rd to February 6th
One Love Bob Marley Festival at Barr’s Park - February 3rd and 4th
Vasco de Gama's V-Lounge Happy Hour begins - February 3rd
God’s Trombones - February 3rd
Adult Services Film Selection at Bermuda National Library: Moneyball – February 4th
Bermuda Bistro at the Beach Superbowl Party - February 5th
7th Annual Summer School Program and Recreation Camp Fair - February 7th
How to Let your Pain Go for Good - February 8th
Introduction to Improv Theatre Workshop begins – February 8th
Valentine’s FlowerPeutic Couples Workshop - February 9th
Bermuda National Library: Read Dating - February 9th
What You Need to Know About Pancreatic Cancer – February 9th
Famous for Fifteen Minutes - February 9th to 18th
Seductive Saturday: Valentine's Edition at Rumbar - February 11th
Mariners R.F.C Winter Blues Summer Dress Party – February 11th
Sandys 360 February Mid-Term Camp - February 13th to 17th
Somerset School of Dancing Mid-Term Camp - February 13th to 17th
Proud To Be Bermudian Mid Term Camp – February 13th to 17th
Riddell's Bay Valentine's Day Dinner Dance - February 14th
Warwick Academy Clothing Mart Public Sale – February 15th to 19th
Writer's Retreat at Cambridge Beaches – February 17th to 19th
Introductory Workshop in the ITM Alexander Technique - February 21st
An Evening with Brian McKnight – February 25th
Validus Re Running of the Bulls 5K – February 26th
Parent Infant Group: Adjusting to Parenting - March 1st
Summer Camp & Activities Mini Fair – March 2nd
Reiki Level 1 Workshop at Cambridge Beaches – March 3rd
Parent Infant Group: Play and Learning - March 8th
Fight Night XIV: Fists of Fury - March 10th
Parent Infant Group: Feeding and Nutrition - March 15th
Parent Infant Group: Taking Care of Yourself - March 22nd
Bermuda's Entertainers at Their Best - April 7th
Business Bermuda Seminars: Investing for Retirement - April 12th
Have a wonderful weekend!