February 8th, 2012
Happy Hump Day all!
Warning, this post may contain subliminal messages **Please buy me lots of chocolates for Valentine's Day** so you may not want to read if you are particulary susceptible to suggestion. **Please buy me lots of chocolates for Valentine's Day** It's a good thing that I only use my powers for good and not evil – anyway, onto Bermuda events **Please buy me lots of chocolates for Valentine's Day** :
- It's usually on the first Thursday of the month but they're shaking it up for February – the Moonlight Bazaar at Moon Nightclub and Lounge will be on Friday, February 10th from 5.30pm until 9.30pm. In honour of the upcoming Valentine's Day, this will be a Private Pleasure Party! Valentine's gift baskets will be available for order, Private Pleasures will be showcasing their top 10 toys of 2012, Secrets will be showcasing lingerie and toys, Erotic Treats will be giving samples of their products and it's all hosted by Miss Chrissy Dior! This is in addition to the usual assortment of accessories, clothing, pedicures, manicures, massages and the Moon Cocktail List – here's the flyer!
- The February edition of the Bermuda Docs Weekend Film Series will be on Sunday, February 19th. Documentary, Benda Bilili will be showing at 3pm, followed by Romantics Anonymous, at 5.15pm. More details on the films can be found at http://bermudadocs.wordpress.com/weekend-film-series-3/. Tickets are $15 and available at Oceans Gift Shop or by phoning 297-7314 – here's the flyer!
- If you're a fan of New World wines, then you won't want to miss the Wines Down Under Wine Tasting on Friday, February 24th. This event is in support of the Women's National Volleyball Team and will be at Gosling's Wine Cellar from 6pm until 8pm. Tickets are $50 and available from www.premiertickets.bm or from any of the National team members – here's the flyer!
- The next edition of the BIFFlix Monthly Film Series is coming on Saturday, February 25th! The February screening will be the thriller The Woman in the Fifth at 6pm at BUEI. Tickets are $15 and are available in advance from http://tickets.biff.bm/ or on the door - here's the flyer!
- The BIFF team will be busy that weekend as the Bermuda International Film Festival also present Live From The Red Carpet at The Deep on Sunday, February 26th from 7.30pm. Yes, BIFF will be celebrating Oscar Night in style with a Red Carpet Arrival at 8pm with the Academy Awards at 9pm. This event will include happy hour prices on beer and wine, special Oscar Party Cocktails, live MC, prize for Most Glamourous Costume, Best & Worst Dressed Competition, Red Carpet photos, a trivia contest, and more, with dinner available at Lido or Seabreeze from 6pm beforehand. Tickets are $25 and available from www.diningbermuda.com – here's the flyer!
- TheArgus Walk the Walk Charity 5K Walk, with the Centre on Philanthropy, will be on Sunday, February 26th from 8.30am and will start and finish in front of the Argus Building on Wesley Street. The registration fee is $25 and $20 goes to the charity of your choice with the other $5 going to supportwww.volunteer.bm, Bermuda's only volunteer recruitment website. To register go towww.racedayworld.com– the first 700 registrants will receive a free t-shirt. Prizes will be given for the largest corporate team, the largest youth team and the team with the most spirit! For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 236-7706 –here's the flyer!
- The Family Centre invite you to Celebrate the Night at their fun fundraising event on Saturday, March 3rd. From 7pm until 11.30pm at Fourways Inn, you can enjoy a music, dancing on the patio, a piano bar, food stations, raffles and stand-up comedians. Tickets are $50 and are available from Cafe 4, La Trattoria, Fourways Inn and the Family Centre – here's the flyer!
- Is the usual kind of wine and food pairing a little stuffy for your taste? Tribe Road Kitchen and Discovery Wines are teaming up to offer a Gourmet Pizza & Wine Pairing on Saturday, March 3rd. This will run from 6pm until 8pm at a cost of $60. Spaces are limited but you can reserve your spot by calling 296-9463 – here's the flyer!
- A show that you have a chance of starring in will be coming to the stage at the Ruth Seaton James Centre for the Performing Arts on Saturday, March 3rd – The Hilarious Comedy of Damian the Hypnotist, hosted by magician Smooth Lew will start at 8pm but you can get a preview on his website at www.damianhypnotist.com. Tickets are $50 and available from www.bdatix.com - here's the flyer!
- Some family-friendly fun is coming to the Ruth Seaton James Centre for the Performing Arts on Sunday, March 11th. Due to its popularity last year, Comedy & Magic, presented by The Specialized Youth Arts Charity & Bermuda Magic, is returning for 2012. This show will feature prominent Canadian artists, comedian/magician Matthew DiSero, comic-juggler/unicyclist Johnny Toronto, and Bermuda's own magician Smooth Lew and magician/balloon artist Gary Robinson. The show starts at 4.30pm and tickets are $30, available from www.bdatix.com – here's the flyer!
- Think you're in pretty decent shape? Bermuda’s first Island Challenge invites you to prove your worth on Saturday, March 10th – teams of four will be put to the test as they are challenged to run, walk or jog the training course used by the Bermuda Regiment for its new recruits, working together to tackle obstacles along the route and raising money for charity (Raleigh International, Knowledge Quest and the Bermuda International Film Festival) at the same time. The event is limited to 75 teams so early sign up is recommended, by one of two methods. Firstly, by paying the entry fee through www.premiertickets.bm and then using the online payment order number (your receipt number) to complete the entry form online at www.islandchallenge.org. Alternatively, teams can download the entry form from www.islandchalleng.org or collect one from Sportseller in Washington Mall, complete it and drop it off (with a cheque) at the Sportseller. Once a team is registered, with a team name, it will be listed on the Donations page of Premier Tickets and friends and familty can donate to the team of their choice or, alternatively, sponsor pledge forms can be downloaded from the Island Challenge website – here's the flyer!
- Direct from Harvard, the legendary Hasty Pudding Theatricals will be returning to Bermuda once again to perform their unique brand of student-written theatre (kind of like pantomime for grown-ups). This is their 164th production and the show, There Will Be Flood, will be on Wednesday, March 14th until Friday, March 16th at City Hall Theatre. Showtime is at 8pm nightly and tickets are $20 each, available from www.bdatix.com.
- Sankofa on Chancery Lane are currently running Tai Chi classes on Mondays from 5.30pm until 7pm. Tai Chi Chuan is translated as “The Supreme Ultimate”, a Chinese way of exercise, a gentle, flowing healing art that consists of slow relaxed movements for total self-development - the fee is $100 per month and you can register at www.sankofabda.com - here's the flyer!
- Better make plans for next Tuesday, if you haven't already! Chopsticks are offering a special Valentine's Day Menu for a fixed price of $55 plus grats – here's the flyer with the menu included!
- Portofino Restaurant are currently running a Family Night Special with a three-course dinner for $25 per adult and one child per parent eats free. This offer is for a limited time only and will run from Monday to Thursday from 5.30pm until 7.30pm – here's the flyer!
- East End Flower Alley are running a special for Valentine's Day – with every purchase of a Bermuda Heart Bouquet, 15% will be donated to Bermuda Heart Foundation. Here's the flyer!
Quick Recap of Upcoming Bermuda Events
Click on the event name to be taken to the original post with full details. No link means that the details are in this current post. For a handy Calendar view, click here to go to the Bermuda Calendar section:
Re-Interpreting the European Collection - September 1st to May 31st, 2012
Bermuda Department of Tourism Feel The Love Month – January 16th to March 3rd
Bermuda Festival of the Performing Arts - January 17th to February 26th
7th Annual Summer School Program and Recreation Camp Fair - February 7th
How to Let your Pain Go for Good - February 8th
Introduction to Improv Theatre Workshop begins - February 8th
Valentine’s FlowerPeutic Couples Workshop - February 9th
Bermuda National Library: Read Dating - February 9th
What You Need to Know About Pancreatic Cancer - February 9th
Famous for Fifteen Minutes - February 9th to 18th
Moonlight Bazaar at Moon Nightclub and Lounge – February 10th
Seductive Saturday: Valentine's Edition at Rumbar - February 11th
Mariners R.F.C Winter Blues Summer Dress Party - February 11th
Sandys 360 February Mid-Term Camp - February 13th to 17th
Somerset School of Dancing Mid-Term Camp - February 13th to 17th
Proud To Be Bermudian Mid Term Camp - February 13th to 17th
Riddell's Bay Valentine's Day Dinner Dance - February 14th
Warwick Academy Clothing Mart Public Sale - February 15th to 19th
Writer's Retreat at Cambridge Beaches - February 17th to 19th
Bermuda Docs Weekend Film Series: Benda Bilili and Romantics Anonymous - February 19th
Introductory Workshop in the ITM Alexander Technique - February 21st
Wines Down Under Wine Tasting – February 24th
An Evening with Brian McKnight – February 25th
BIFFlix Monthly Film Series: The Woman in the Fifth – February 25th
Validus Re Running of the Bulls 5K – February 26th
Argus Walk the Walk Charity 5K Walk – February 26th
BIFF: Live From The Red Carpet – February 26th
Parent Infant Group: Adjusting to Parenting - March 1st
Summer Camp & Activities Mini Fair - March 2nd
Reiki Level 1 Workshop at Cambridge Beaches – March 3rd
Tribe Road Kitchen & Discovery Wines Gourmet Pizza & Wine Pairing – March 3rd
Family Centre: Celebrate the Night – March 3rd
The Hilarious Comedy of Damian the Hypnotist – March 3rd
Parent Infant Group: Play and Learning - March 8th
Fight Night XIV: Fists of Fury - March 10th
Bermuda’s First Island Challenge – March 10th
Comedy & Magic – March 11th
Hasty Pudding Theatricals: There Will Be Flood – March 14th to 16th
Parent Infant Group: Feeding and Nutrition - March 15th
Parent Infant Group: Taking Care of Yourself - March 22nd
Bermuda's Entertainers at Their Best - April 7th
Business Bermuda Seminars: Investing for Retirement - April 12th
Enjoy the rest of the week!