March 14th, 2012
Happy Wednesday Ladies and Gents
I know a lot of you are looking forward to the St. Patrick's Day celebrations this weekend but, if you're looking for another reason to celebrate, did you know that it is also American Crossword Puzzle Weekend? You can't possibly stay in during American Crossword Puzzle Weekend!! Here are some Bermuda events for you to choose from:
- The Chewstick Foundation will be hosting an interactive class tonight at Chewstick Neo-Griot Lounge & Cafe from 6pm until 8pm. Afrikan Science with Haile Griot will expound on the contributions of peoples from the African continent and reveal the distortions that prevail in current times – for more information call 292-2439 (CHEW) or email email@example.com or visit www.chewstick.org.
- Riddell's Bay Golf and Country Club present March Madness Dining Specials, every Wednesday in March with $5 Bottled Beer, Draft Beer and House Wine with a $38 Wednesday Dinner. On Wednesday, March 28th, they offer a Bermuda Lobster Special with an up charge of $8 for a Half Lobster, $15 for a Whole Lobster and $18 for Lobster & Tenderloin. As an added extra, if you attend tonight, you can enjoy the music of Harvard's oldest and most prestigious a capella singing group, the Harvard Krokodiloes from 6pm until 8pm. For reservations telephone 238-1060 ext. 112, or email firstname.lastname@example.org – here's the March Madness flyer and here's the Harvard Krokodiloes flyer!
- Friday, March 16th is Meatout Day and this year, the Vegetarian Society of Bermuda have teamed up with culinary nutritionist Ashley Tucker to offer a special vegan takeout menu. The cost is $18 per person and can be picked up from Bermy Cuisine between 5pm and 7pm. To preorder your meal, email email@example.com – here is a copy of the flyer with the menu!
- A little amendment to a previous post – Lemon Tree Wine Down Happy Hour will NOT be on until midnight this coming Friday! They are breaking you in more gently than I thought, so this Friday will go until 9pm and then next Friday will go until midnight, as usual!
- Elbow Beach invite you to join them at Blue Point Pool for their St. Patrick's Day Celebration from noon until 5pm. As well as Irish Pub Grub and Frosty Beverages, they will broadcast the England vs. Ireland Rugby Match on the Big Screen from 1pm to 3pm – here's the flyer!
- Another option for Saturday, March 17th – Chewstick presents Poetic License with Dwayne Morgan & More, an evening of poetry and spoken word with the internationally-renouwned spoken word artist who will be visiting Bermuda for the first time. This event will also feature local artists ChewSlam, Tiffany Paynter and Stephan Johnstone, with an afterparty to follow where the audience will get the chance to mingle with the talent and dance the night away until 1am. Doors open at 7pm, the show starts at 8pm and admission is $10 on the door. The performance will be streamed live at www.chewstick.org – here's the flyer! The following day, Chewstick will host a Poetry Writing & Performance with Dwayne Morgan from 3pm until 5pm. This workshop will take poets through techniques for writing clearly and how to transform a written work into a dynamic performance. Tickets are $15 or $10 if you also purchased a ticket for the Saturday show. For more information on either of these events, or to register for the workshop, call 292-2439 (CHEW), 535-2575, or email firstname.lastname@example.org – here's the flyer!
- A few new events from Pickled Onion this weekend – firstly, Saturday night will be Back to the 90s Night, with DJ Siid James playing the best music from that decade all night long – here's the flyer! Also, to spice up Sundays, they are starting a Service Industry Night (S.I.N.) from 10pm until close, with DJ Siid James and drink specials for anyone with proof of industry employment – here's the flyer!
- The March edition of the Bermuda Docs Weekend Film Series will be on Sunday, March 18th. Documentary Being Elmo – A Puppeteer's Journey will be showing at 3pm, followed by French comedy film, The Women on the Fifth Floor, at 5.15pm. More details on the films can be found at http://bermudadocs.wordpress.com/weekend-film-series-3/ . Tickets are $15 and available at Oceans Gift Shop or by phoning 297-7314 – here's the flyer!
- Great news for fans of nature's greatest predators of the deep - Dr. Neil Burnie and Choy Aming will be repeating their sold out November lecture and bringing it up to date with some new video and stories. The Bermuda Shark Project 2012 Lecture will be on Tuesday, March 20th at 7.30pm at BUEI and is expected to last just over an hour, plus some time for Q&A. The tickets are $15, with proceeds going directly to shark research and they are available from the Bermuda Bookstore. For any questions, call Choy on 735-7873 – here's the flyer!
- The next BEPRO Lunch and Learn, Jump Start Your Business: Learn Tips from the Pros, will be on Thursday, March 22nd at the Chamber of Commerce. From 12 noon until 1pm, you can listen to entrepreneurs Kerry Judd (New Beginnings Inc.), Kumi Bradshaw (Firm Advisory Ltd.) and Alexandra Mosher (Alexandra Mosher Studio Jewellery) share the positives and negatives of being your own boss and Jamillah Lodge from Bermuda Economic Development Corporation will give information on what resources are available to anyone who wants to start their own business. This session is free for members or $10 for non-members and lunch will be provided - here's the flyer!
- Due to the popularity of the first one, Bermuda National Library once again invite you to "bring a book and break the ice" at their second Read Dating event on Thursday, March 22nd from 7pm until 8.30pm. This event is for singles aged 30 and over who enjoy reading and want to meet other like-minded individuals in a fun and casual environment. To register, call 295-2905. There are limited spaces available and the registration deadline is March 19th – here's the flyer!
- The talented people at Bermuda Musical and Dramatic Society (BMDS) are getting ready for their next show, God of Carnage, written by French playwright, actress, novelist and screenwriter Yasmina Reza. This was the winner of the 2009 Tony Award for Best Play and the Bermuda production is directed by Chris Jones and produced by Jo Shane and Kim Day. The show will run from Friday, March 23rd to Saturday, March 31st (no performances on the 25th or 26th) at 8pm each night. Tickets are $25 and will be available online from www.bmds.bm from tomorrow – here's the flyer which also contains physical box office details!
- WindReach Bermuda invite you to participate in their Walk and Roll fundraising event on Saturday, March 24th. This is open to walkers, runners, bikers and wheelchair users and you can choose from three distances – 3km, 5km and 10km – from Clearwater Beach through Coopers Island Reserve . You can pre-register, or register on the day from 8am – the 10km walk then starts at 9am and the 3km and 5km walks start at 9.30am. Last year walkers were able to see the whales on their migratory route past Bermuda, so they are hoping for the same again this year. Registration is $20, $10 for students and pledge forms can be collected at the Sportseller or from www.windreachbermuda.bm. For more information, call 238-2469 or email email@example.com – here's the flyer and here's the pledge form!
- The Bermuda Arts Centre at Dockyard presents The Art of Craft III, their 3rd annual show of fine crafts, opening on March 25th from 3.30pm until 5.30 pm. The show will feature ceramics, jewelry, baskets, wood turning, wood carving, furniture, fabrics, glass and will run until April 20th. Admission is free and they are open daily from 10am until 5pm – here's the flyer!
- Coming soon to the BAA Gymnasium (corner of Serpentine and Woodlands Roads), the BAA annual Victor Flood Badminton Tournament will begin at 5.30pm on Thursday, March 22nd with Junior (under 14 and under 18 categories) events and continue throughout the evenings, with Senior (over-18) events begining on Tuesday, March 27th at 7pm. Fees will be $5 per event for juniors and $10 per event for seniors. All levels of play are catered for. For further information visit www.bermudabadminton.com or contact John Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org – here's the flyer!
- La Serena Spa at The Reefs is offering a 3 Part Stretching & Pain Relief Workshop with Greg Ozarowski, Sports & Remedial Massage Therapist. . The first session is on Monday, March 26th and will be on the subject of Whole Body Stretching in Just 15 Minutes, session 2 is on Wednesday, March 28th and deals with Emergency Self Massage for Pain Relief of the Upper Body, and the final session on Wednesday, April 4th Emergency Self Massage for Pain Relief of the Lower Body. All workshops run from 7pm until 8pm and you are requested to bring a yoga mat to all three and a tennis ball and golf ball to the 2nd and 3rd. The cost is $120 for all three workshops and attendees will be offered 15% off their next treatment with Greg.There are only 10 spaces available so you can book in advance by calling 239-0184 or e mailing email@example.com. Greg is a member of the BMTA (Bermuda Massage Therapist Association) therefore his treatments are covered by insurance – here's the link to the event on Facebook!
- Riddell's Bay are offering a Wine Tasting from 6pm until 8pm on Wednesday, March 28th, with a selection of wine from 3 different vendors. The price is $15 per person and a variety of cheese and fruit will also be available. For reservations telephone 238-1060 ext. 112, or email firstname.lastname@example.org - here's the flyer!
- Discovery Wines are hosting another Wine Class And Tasting at Harry's Restaurant on Saturday, March 31st. Amazing Argentina will begin at 10am at a cost of $40 per person. For more details or to reserve your spot, call 296-9463 – here's the flyer!
- Discovery Wines and Masterworks Gallery are teaming up to offer Bubbles & Bunnies in the Botanical Gardens on Saturday, April 7th. From 10am until noon, the kids can participate in a children's Easter Egg Hunt while the adults enjoy sipping something sparkling. The cost is $20 per adult and $5 per child. For more details or to reserve your spot, call 296-9463 – here's the flyer!
- Cambridge Beaches invite you to Become a Reiki Healer at their Practitioners Level II Workshop on Saturday, April 7th. Between 10am until 6pm, you will learn topics such as The 3 Reiki power symbols and how to use them, Energy medicine and where illness originates, Guided meditation to find your Reiki sprit Guides, Healing your past trauma, Receiving your Reiki Two Attunement, Distance Healings, Explore your chakras and Understanding your spiritual connection. The cost is $365 per person. For more information, or to reserve your spot, call Bianca on 300-0505 or email email@example.com - here's the flyer!
- Bermuda Art Centre at Dockyard will be showing a new exhibit opening on Sunday, July 22nd from 5.30pm until 7.30pm. Running until Saturday, August 4th, It's a Doll's World will feature handmade dolls, re-made dolls, cute dolls, scary dolls and anything to do with dolls! The items exhibited will also be for sale (to be collected after the show ends) and 10% of all sales will be donated to the Women's Resource Centre - here's the flyer!
Quick Recap of Upcoming Bermuda Events
Click on the event name to be taken to the original post with full details. No link means that the details are in this current post. For a handy Calendar view, click here to go to the Bermuda Calendar section:
Re-Interpreting the European Collection - September 1st to May 31st, 2012
Between Friends: 65 Years of Bermudian-American Diplomatic Relations - March 2nd to 14th
Hasty Pudding Theatricals: There Will Be Flood - March 14th to 16th
Afrikan Science with Haile Griot – March 14th
Riddell's Bay March Madness Dining Special – March 14th
Harvard Krokodiloes at Riddell's Bay – March 14th
Parent Infant Group: Feeding and Nutrition - March 15th
Sankofa Lunch and Learn: Migraines - March 15th
St. Patrick's Day at Lemon Tree - March 16th
Meatout Day with Ashley Tucker – March 16th
Bermuda International Film Festival (BIFF) - March 16th to 22nd
Artist in Residence Exhibit: Karen Leff - March 16th to 28th
Zoom Around The Sound - March 17th
13th Martial Arts Tournament and Demonstrations - March 17th
Bermuda Cricket Board (BCB) Pee Wee "Have-a-Go" Cricket - begins March 17th
Shamrock and Roll 2012 - March 17th
Elbow Beach St. Patrick's Day Celebration – March 17th
Chewstick presents Poetic License with Dwayne Morgan & More – March 17th
Back to the 90s Night at Pickled Onion – March 17th
Poetry Writing & Performance with Dwayne Morgan – March 18th
Service Industry Night (S.I.N.) Sundays begin at Pickled Onion – March 18th
Bermuda Docs Weekend Film Series – March 18th
City Food Festival - March 19th to 24th
The Bermuda Shark Project 2012 Lecture – March 20th
Riddell's Bay March Madness Dining Special – March 21st
Parent Infant Group: Taking Care of Yourself - March 22nd
Bermuda National Library: Read Dating – March 22nd
BEPRO Lunch and Learn – Jump Start Your Business: Learn Tips from the Pros – March 22nd
Victor Flood Badminton Tournament: Juniors begin – March 22nd
Annual Bacardi National Par-3 Championship - March 23rd to 25th
BMDS: God of Carnage – March 23rd to March 31st
Lemon Tree Wine Down Happy Hour - March 23rd
Motown Magic - March 24th
A Musical Evening with Wesley - March 24th
Bermuda Beach Art Festival - March 24th
Bermuda Triathlon Association Annual Awards Dinner - March 24th
WindReach Bermuda Walk and Roll – March 24th
Bermuda Arts Centre at Dockyard presents The Art of Craft III – March 25th to April 20th
3 Part Stretching & Pain Relief Workshop with Greg Ozarowski at La Serena – March 26th
Bermuda Chamber Choir: Season of Passion and Special Music for a Royal Occasion - March 27th and 28th
Victor Flood Badminton Tournament: Seniors begin – March 27th
Advanced Leisure Seniors Club Baking Exhibition - March 28th
Riddell's Bay March Madness Dining Special – March 28th
3 Part Stretching & Pain Relief Workshop with Greg Ozarowski at La Serena – March 28th
Riddell's Bay Wine Tasting – March 28th
Super Saturday at Masterworks: Shapes and Numbers - March 31st
Discovery Wines Wine Class And Tasting: Amazing Argentina – March 31st
Sandys 360 Easter Camp - April 2nd to 6th
3 Part Stretching & Pain Relief Workshop with Greg Ozarowski at La Serena – April 4th
Renegades RFC Booze Cruise - April 5th
Bermuda's Entertainers at Their Best - April 7th
Discovery Wines and Masterworks Bubbles & Bunnies – April 7th
Become a Reiki Healer Practitioners Level II Workshop – April 7th
Business Bermuda Seminars: Investing for Retirement - April 12th
City Art Festival - April 26th to May 3rd
Summer Sundays in the Park: Rockin' de Rock - July 1st
It's a Doll's World – July 22nd to August 4th
Summer Sundays in the Park: Lift Your Voices - August 5th
Summer Sundays in the Park: Island Vibes - September 2nd
Enjoy the rest of the week!