I’m just going to make this a quickie because… <racking brains to think of an acceptable reason> Oh, alright then, I’m tired and I want to go to bed (I type this up the night before)…sorry! Anyway, here are some things coming up over the next few days:
- If Chaplin Bay at the weekend wasn’t enough for you, Latin and Rumba°r will be having a free wine-tasting in celebration of Canada Day tonight! Featuring drink specials all night long, the launch of Pillitteri Wines from the Niagara region, Hannah Strang body-painting maple leafs WHEREVER you want it, and DJs will be mixing until the wee hours. Here’s the flyer, eh?
- The Athletic Club are inviting you to unleash your inner karate kid with the new BodyCombat™ courses launching shortly This is a Les Mills programme and is an empowering cardio workout that unleashes your inner combat skills and benefits your overall health. This fiercely energetic programme will be led by instructor Rebecca Wright and is inspired by martial arts and draws from a wide array of disciplines such as karate, boxing, taekwondo, tai chi and muay thai. The Athletic Club of Bermuda is offering a free orientation class tonight at 6.30pm to help get the community excited about this new fitness craze. The programme course will begin on Monday, 5th of July and will run for four weeks. The cost for current Athletic Club members is $89, non-members and guests are $115. I can completely recommend any of the Les Mills programme of classes as they are all awesome, fun and motivating – I’m not one to get excited about working out but I’m crossing my fingers that they bring more of them to Bermuda. Here’s the flyer and here’s the press release too!
- A question I get asked a lot is, “When’s the next booze cruise?”. Well, you bunch of drunken sailors, you’ll be pleased to know that there is a whole series of them coming up! The first is this Friday, then Friday, July 16 and Friday, July 30th. Cruise for a Cure aboard the Restless Native catamaran as an alternative to the normal Happy Hour and you’ll also be donating to charity while getting your drink on! Tickets are $45 ($10 of which goes to Bermuda Cancer and Health), the boat leaves Albuoys Point at 6pm, returning at 8pm and the bar opens at 5.30pm. This is NOT all-you-can-drink but Happy Hour prices of $5 each or 4 for $20 for drink tickets will apply and light snacks will be served. Tickets are available from Lindo’s, Bermuda Cancer and Health or at www.restlessnative.bm. Here’s the flyer.
- Also this Friday, Dany Pen, Toronto/Bermuda-based installation artist, has some pieces showing in the Photography Exhibition at the Onions Gallery in Bermuda. This Friday is the opening night from 5pm until 7pm – you can view her website at http://www.artistdanypen.webs.com.
- There are loads more events coming up later in the month – I’ll do the write-up next week but the flyers are on the website already. This includes Tha Underground Music Awards, Soca Fete at Snorkel Park and Bermuda’s Argentine Tango Festival!
Fahrenheit 451 – July 1st to 9th
Canada Day at Latin – July 1st
Free BodyCombat Class – July 1st
Cruise for a Cure – July 2nd
Dany Pen Exhibition Opening Night – July 2nd
Rockin’ de Rock – July 4th Salsamania Live Music Event at the Lido Complex
Salsamania Live Music Event at the Lido Complex– July 7th to 17th
Cruise for a Cure – July 16th
Hamilton Princess History Tour – July 17th
12th Annual College Students Networking Event – July 22nd
Bermuda Hockey Federation Wine-Tasting Series – July 28th
CUP MATCH – July 29th to Augst 1st
Cruise for a Cure – July 30th
Hamilton Princess History Tour – August 14th
Mambo Nights “Latin Beats: The Evolution of Mambo” – August 11th to 17th
Bermuda Hockey Federation Wine-Tasting Series – September 30th
Bermuda Music Festival – September 30th to October 2nd
SheROX Bermuda Triathalon – November 14th
Bermuda Hockey Federation Wine-Tasting Series – December 2nd
Phew, it’s nearly the weekend – the last one seems so long ago! Enjoy the rest of the week!