Ah, the joys of the four-day working week! If only there could be more of them! But then I suppose we would have much less money to be able to afford three-day weekends…
- Lido’s next Wine Pairing Dinner will take place on Thursday, April 1st, 2010. The cost is $75 per person and includes all wines and gratuities. Let me know if you’d like the flyer with the menu. View this photo
- The Fairmont Southampton and Bacardi International have announced the new Bacardi National Par-3 Championship, a two-day, 36-hole championship golf tournament to be played at The Fairmont Southampton on April 10th and 11th. A Pro-Am will be played on Friday, April 9th. I have no idea what a Pro-Am is but it sounds important. The best part is that funds from the tournament will benefit the Bermuda Red Cross. For more information and Entry Form, please see http://www.fairmont.com/SHP/bacardinationalpar3championship
- The 72nd Annual Bermuda Exhibition (formerly known as the Ag Show) will be at the Botanical Gardens from the 15th until the 17th of April. Entry is only 10 dollars and full details can be found at www.bdaexhibition.bm. I definitely want to check it out this year, especially since I just found out that the star attraction will be racing pigs!
- To mark their 125th birthday, the Fairmont Hamilton Princess are offering a complimentary night, as well as additional nights at only $125, for all stays between now and December 31st. A three night minimum stay is required and you’ll be given the option to upgrade to Fairmont Gold for an additional $75 per night. For more details, see www.fairmont.com/hamilton
- L’Oriental Express are now open late for dinner on Fridays and Saturdays, from 5pm until 8.30pm, offering a 10% discount on hot Oriental/Italian food. Also, Monday to Thursday, there is a 30% discount on any pre-packaged sushi or salad between 5pm and 6pm.
- Also, the Gibbons 5 Day Spring Sale is now on – let me know if you’d like the flyer! View this photo
Renegades’ Booze Cruise – April 1st
Lido’s Wine Pairing Dinner – April 1st
Ross Blackie Talbot Charity Classic – April 1st to 7th
Mad Hatter’s Party – April 3rd
Claire Gets to Eat Chocolate – April 4th
Bacardi National Par-3 Championship – April 10th to 11th
72nd Annual Bermuda Exhibition (Ag Show) – April 15th to 17th
Little Venice Group Golf Classic – April 16th
Cambridge Beaches Murder Mystery Night – April 17th
Sometimes, I really wonder what is wrong with people. I feel bad for what happened to her, but personally, I think that if you try to make friends with a giant evil pig, you kinda bring this on yourself:
MONKEY NEWS: The best part of the article is the bit about the “incoming baboon” text message:
Have a great Easter weekend – hope you all have your kites for Friday!