April 18th, 2012
Happy Hump Day Troops!
It's already the 18th of the month and I only just found out that April is Grilled Cheese Month!! Here you go, you can read about the latest Bermuda events while I catch up on some cheesey goodness:
- Sankofa on Chancery Lane are hosting a free presentation, Loose Weight Naturally, tomorrow between noon and 1pm. Dr. Karen will explain what is really happening when weight loss is a challenge and share easy tips and strategies on what you can do about it. Spaces are limited but you can book your spot by calling 292-2513 – here's the flyer!
- L'Alliance Française des Bermudes invites you to Happy Hour at Muse's Rooftop Terrace from 5.30pm to 7.30pm tomorrow, Thursday, April 19th. The cost of entry is $25 which includes tapas and 1 free drink (or 2 soft drinks). If attending, please RSVP before the end of today to Valerie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ferrari Bar at LV's invite you to join them for a special Charity Happy Hour in support of Bermuda National Trust on Friday, April 20th. From 4.30pm until 9pm, you can enjoy drinks at Happy Hour Prices, complimentary Tempting Bites and a roast beef carving station. There will also be a raffle draw at 7.45pm – you'll get a free raffle ticket with every drink purchase or you can purchase separately at a cost of $2 for one or $5 for three – here's the flyer!
- From 8pm until 2am, on a specially laid dancefloor at the Clocktower Mall, Raymond Tannock and Bussy will be hosting Dockyard Old School Explosion on Saturday, April 21st. Performances are by Working Title with special guest James Richardson and Bemuda's premier old school DJs – DJ Ice Man, Malcolm "Lethal Weapon" Smith and DJ Cavon. This event is free with Happy Hour drink prices - here's the flyer!
- Fans of fitness and/or martial arts are invited to the Bermuda Karate Institute's 30th Bermuda Open Karate Championships & Wellness Show at the Fairmont Hamilton Princess on Sunday, April 22nd from 10am until 3pm. Presented by Bermuda's original karate dojo, BKI, and Bermuda's only martial arts Sports Hall of Fame Inductee, Skipper Ingham, this event promises a mix of competitions at all levels and age groups, including traditional forms and all levels of K-1 kickboxing. Also featured, Bermuda's health and wellness providers who will be showcasing their wares and providing samples. Admission is $10 or $5 for children under 12 and are available on the day or in advance at Bermuda Karate Institute on King Street. For further information, contact 292-2157, email@example.com or see www.bokcandwellnessshow.com - here's the flyer!
- In honour of Bermuda's emancipation, the Department of Community and Cultural Affairs presents The Trail of Our People: Social Dynamics of Black Economics at Warwick Worman's Club on Thursday, April 26th. The talk itself will be by Craig Simmons and Eugene Johnston with Mckeisha Smith moderating. This event is free to the public and will run from 6.30pm until 8.30pm. For more information, contact the Department of Community and Cultural Affairs on 292-1681, or see www.communityandculture.bm - here's the flyer!
- Also on Thursday, April 26th, artist Shelly Hamill will be showcasing her original mosaic dress designs at the All Dressed Up Art Opening in Regali Boutique at Rosewood Tucker's Point. From 6pm until 8pm, you can meet the artist and purchase original artwork. Some examples of her pieces can be found at www.shellyhamill.com. Walk-ins are welcome at this event however, if you know you are attending, you can RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org - here's the flyer!
- Back by popular demand, the Wellness Group will present two Community Health and Nutrition Workshops on Thursday, April 26th from 6pm to 8pm in Cathedral Hall across from Hamilton MarketPlace. The first workshop will be presented by Abayomi Carmichael on the subject of Optimizing Health Through Nutritional Supplements and the second will be presented by Ammuaakhu Sahnera on the topic of Transitioning to a Vegetarian Diet. Entry is $10 and you can get more information from email@example.com – here's the flyer!
- Celebrated Anusara teacher and practitioner Noah Mazé is coming to Bermuda to host a Yoga Weekend Retreat of mixed level workshops at the Fairmont Hamilton Princess between Friday, April 27th and Sunday, April 29th. The sessions available are Ground on the Friday from 6pm until 8.30pm, Courageous Heart on the Saturday from 10am until 12.30pm, Flight Fundamentals on the Saturday from 2.30pm until 5pm and Love this Life on Sunday from 10am until 12.30pm (details of each session are in the flyer). You are asked to bring a yoga mat, towel, yoga blanket and block to each session and the cost is $240 for the whole weekend or $80 per individual session. To register, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, 505-6310 or see www.toddcrews.com – here's the flyer!
- A great opportunity to show how smart you are – Riddell's Bay Golf & Country Club are hosting a Pub Quiz Night on Saturday, April 28th. Cocktails will be from 6.30pm until 7pm, with a dinner buffet from 6.30pm until 8pm. Tickets are $47.50 for adults, $23.75 for children aged 5 to 12, and free for under-4s. For reservations, contact 238-1060 ext. 112 or email@example.com - here's the flyer!
- Mother's Day is coming soon – Sunday, May 13th to be exact! To celebrate, Chopsticks are offering a special "Choose 8" Mother's Day Tasting Menu which they are running from the 13th until the end of May. The menu lets you sample a total of 8 dishes (1 soup, 3 starters, 2 mains, 1 side and 1 dessert) and is for a minimum of 2 people at a cost of $45 per person. As a special bonus, for a party of 8 or more eating from this menu, the Mother's dinner is on them (excluding drinks and grats). For reservations, call 292-0791 – here's the flyer!
- It's almost that time of year again – Destination Dockyard is returning on Monday nights between June 11th and September 17th! This street festival starts off with Happy Hour at the Frog & Onion from 5.30pm. the Clocktower Shopping Mall is open until 8pm and there will be a variety of live entertainment from 7.30pm until 10pm, with children’s activities, Gombeys, local arts and crafts, and Bermudian and Ethnic Foods. You don't have to head home at 10pm though as you can end your evening out with Salsa at Bone Fish Bar until midnight or live local entertainment at Snorkel Park Beach until 3am – here's the flyer!
Quick Recap of Upcoming Bermuda Events
Click on the event name to be taken to the original post with full details. No link means that the details are in this current post. For a handy Calendar view, click here to go to the Bermuda Calendar section:
Re-Interpreting the European Collection - September 1st to May 31st, 2012
The Tartan Panda Extravaganza Scottish-Chinese Menu at Chopsticks - March 1st to April 30th
Bermuda Arts Centre at Dockyard presents The Art of Craft III - March 25th to April 20th
Per Mare, Per Terram by Jonah Jones - April 13th to May 1st
74th Annual Bermuda Agricultural Exhibition (Ag Show) - April 19th to 21st
Loose Weight Naturally at Sankofa - April 19th
L'Alliance Française des Bermudes Happy Hour at Muse – April 19th
Bermuda Documentary Film Festival (Bermuda Docs) - April 20th to 22nd
Bermuda National Trust Charity Happy Hour at Ferrari Bar – April 20th
Dockyard Old School Explosion – April 21st
The Frog and Onion Pub Birthday Celebration - April 22nd
Luther Vandross Tribute Concert - April 22nd
30th Bermuda Open Karate Championships & Wellness Show – April 22nd
Bliss Yoga guided by Kyria - April 23rd
Kaleidoscope Arts Foundation Children's Art Classes - begins April 23rd
Better Health Through Reflexology - April 25th
City Art Festival - April 26th to May 3rd
The Trail of Our People: Social Dynamics of Black Economics – April 26th
All Dressed Up Art Opening – April 26th
Community Health and Nutrition Workshops – April 26th
Noah Mazé Yoga Weekend Retreat – April 27th to 29th
Lemon Tree Pig in the Park Party - April 27th
G&S Opera: Puccini's Madame Butterfly - April 28th
15th Annual Some Enchanted Evening: Fire 'n' Ice - April 28th
The Frog and Onion Pub Birthday Celebration - April 28th
Mariners RFC Annual Mad Hatter's Party - April 28th
Riddell's Bay Pub Quiz Night – April 28th
MAMA Car Boot Sale - May 5th
Raw Food Talk - May 9th
G&S Opera: Verdi's La Traviata - May 12th
Chewstick's T.W.I.G.S. Youth Open-Mic - May 12th
Chopsticks "Choose 8" Mother's Day Tasting Menu – May 13th to May 31st
Raw Food Workshop - May 16th
Chewstick's T.W.I.G.S. Youth Open-Mic - June 9th
Destination Dockyard returns – June 11th
Summer Sundays in the Park: Rockin' de Rock - July 1st
Summer Camp at Somerset School of Dancing - July 2nd to July 13th
It's a Doll's World - July 22nd to August 4th
Summer Sundays in the Park: Lift Your Voices - August 5th
Summer Sundays in the Park: Island Vibes - September 2nd
Enjoy the rest of the week!