April 4th, 2012
Morning my little Easter Bunnies!
The end of my chocolate deprivation is in sight – if you're looking for me after midnight on Saturday night/Sunday morning, I am likely to have a chocolate martini and a Creme Egg in hand! I can't wait! Quite a few Bermuda events are coming up this weekend – hope you have fun no matter which option you choose:
- As you all know, this coming Friday is a public holiday, so if you are still looking for something to do tomorrow night, Fantasea would like to invite you to Gosling's Taste of Bermuda Rum Cruise. The tour departs Hamilton at 5.30pm and will last for 90 minutes, during which you can enjoy the view with a Dark 'n' Stormy or Rum Swizzle, as well as a tasting of Gosling's rum and liqueurs. Tickets are $50 per person. For more details, or to make your reservation, call 236-1300 or visit www.fantasea.bm - here's the flyer!
- Another Thursday option is in the Bermudez Room at XL House in Hamilton where Captain Charles Moore, world-renowned investigator in the field of plastics pollution, will be in Bermuda to speak about his book Plastic Ocean: How Plastics Pollution is Threatening the World’s Ocean. Tickets are $20 and the cash bar will be available from 6pm with the lecture starting at 6.30pm. To RSVP, contact Vanessa.Shorto@bios.edu or 297-1880 x204 – here's the flyer!
- Happy Hour at Fairmont Hamilton Princess will NOT be taking place this week but Lemon Tree Happy Hour has moved to Thursday because of the holiday.
- Wondering what to do with that day off on Friday? You can't go far wrong with The Bermuda Department of Tourism and The Chewstick Foundation's Bermuda Good Friday KiteFest from 10am until 6pm at Horseshoe Bay. This event will feature Bermuda's biggest kite competition, family activities, such as an Easter egg hunt, egg & spoon race, marbles and more, as well as performances by Ameina Lewis, Amore Rose, Bermuda Squad, Bermuda Donquili, Big Snipes, Chandra Maybury, Chewslam, Christina Frith Quinn, Djata, Haz, Ishtalupa, Joy T. Barnum, Jules, Kulcha, Livewires, McCartney Darrell, Mike Hind, Mission, Princess Black, Ramon Clarke, Rivah and Val Wallace! For more information, contact 292-2439 or email@example.com.KiteFest or visit www.chewstick.org - here's the flyer!
- A little heads-up for bargain hunters, Daisy and Mac are having a Warehouse Clearance Sale this coming Saturday, April 7th. Kids clothing and shoes, toys, accessories, baby gear and more will be for sale at Sunset Lodge, 12 North Shore Road, Pembroke (heading towards Admiralty House on North Shore, it is the big pink place on the left before Pembroke Community Centre) from 10am until 5pm. All sales are final and they will be accepting cash only - here's the flyer
- The Sun's entertainment photographer will be in Bermuda on a fashion shoot, and has agreed to give a one-off presentation at The Bermuda Society of Arts. Access All Areas, a presentation by international celebrity photographer Dave Hogan, will be on Monday, April 9th from 5.30pm until 7.30pm, where you can enjoy a glass of wine, meet the photographer and hear about his interesting encounters with the stars (such as Madonna, Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney), with plenty of time for Q & A. They will also be giving away copies of Dave's book Access All Areas. Tickets are $20 for members, $25 for non-members, and are available from BSoA at 292-3824 or online at www.bdatix.bm - here's the flyer!
- Attention pork lovers – Lemon Tree present the Pig in the Park Party at their Happy Hour on Friday, April 27th. While supplies last, t-shirts are $25, which includes unlimited plates of pig and potato salad. If you buy your shirt before April 27th, you also get 2 free drink tickets – here's the flyer!
- The Bermuda School of Music will be partnering with Emmy award-winning electric violinist Mark Wood to present the 15th Annual Some Enchanted Eveningon Saturday, April 28th. The 2012 theme is Fire 'n Ice as they will be combining classical orchestra with high energy rock ‘n’ roll from The Beatles, Led Zeppelin and Van Halen. The show begins at 7.30pm in the Mid-Ocean Amphitheatre at Fairmont Southampton. Tickets cost $45 for adults, $15 for children or $100 for Patrons and are available from www.premiertickets.bm. For more information, contact 296-5100 or firstname.lastname@example.org - here's the flyer!
Quick Recap of Upcoming Bermuda Events
Click on the event name to be taken to the original post with full details. No link means that the details are in this current post. For a handy Calendar view, click here to go to the Bermuda Calendar section:
Re-Interpreting the European Collection - September 1st to May 31st, 2012
Artist in Residence Exhibit: Karen Leff - March 16th to 28th
BMDS: God of Carnage - March 23rd to March 31st
BSoA: Members' Spring Show - March 23rd to April 11th
BSoA: Art & Me - March 23rd to April 11th
BSoA: Island of My Eye - March 23rd to April 11th
BSoA: Everything But The Kitchen Sink - March 23rd to April 11th
Bermuda Arts Centre at Dockyard presents The Art of Craft III - March 25th to April 20th
Easter Bunny Tea at Fairmont Hamilton Princess - April 1st to 8th
Building Structure in your Paintings - April 2nd and 3rd
Masterworks Arts for All - April 2nd to 5th
Sandys 360 Easter Camp - April 2nd to 6th
Nordic Walking and Motivation to Move Workshops - April 3rd and 4th
Special Needs Reception - April 4th
Renegades RFC Booze Cruise - April 5th
Fantasea presents Gosling's Taste of Bermuda Rum Cruise – April 5th
Plastic Ocean: How Plastics Pollution is Threatening the World’s Ocean – April 5th
Lemon Tree Happy Hour – April 5th
The Bermuda Good Friday KiteFest – April 6th
Bermuda's Entertainers at Their Best - April 7th
Daisy & Mac Warehouse Clearance Sale – April 7th
The CARIFTA Games - April 7th to 9th
Easter Brunch at Fairmont Hamilton Princess - April 8th
Access All Areas at BSoA – April 9th
Business Bermuda Seminars: Investing for Retirement - April 12th
Per Mare, Per Terram by Jonah Jones - April 13th to May 1st
G&S Opera: Enchanted Island - April 14th
Bliss Yoga guided by Kyria - April 23rd
Kaleidoscope Arts Foundation Children's Art Classes - begins April 23rd
Better Health Through Reflexology - April 25th
City Art Festival - April 26th to May 3rd
Lemon Tree Pig in the Park Party – April 27th
G&S Opera: Puccini's Madame Butterfly - April 28th
15th Annual Some Enchanted Evening: Fire 'n' Ice – April 28th
Raw Food Talk - May 9th
G&S Opera: Verdi's La Traviata - May 12th
Raw Food Workshop - May 16th
Summer Sundays in the Park: Rockin' de Rock - July 1st
Summer Camp at Somerset School of Dancing - July 2nd to July 13th
It's a Doll's World - July 22nd to August 4th
Summer Sundays in the Park: Lift Your Voices - August 5th
Summer Sundays in the Park: Island Vibes - September 2nd
Hope you all have a wonderful Easter!