May 2nd, 2012
If you can believe it, we are now over a third of the way through 2012! Hmmm…I don't even remember what my New Year's Resolution was so I'm not really sure whether or not I kept it.. Anyway, not to worry, back to Bermuda events:
- A good excuse for an excursion to the West End, the Bermuda Arts Centre at Dockyard presents The Spring show and Nahed Eid, both running until the end of May. The Spring Show is a Member's Juried Show with all media and all sizes. Admission is free and they are open daily from 10am until 5pm - here's the flyer!
- Are you a professional counsellor or in the helping profession? The Bermuda Counselling Association is a not for profit organisation which aims to offer affordable continuing education to helping professionals in Bermuda. If this applies to you, their next seminar is this coming Saturday, May 5th from 9am until 1pm at BUEI. Overview of Interventions for Trauma Experienced in Childhood will be in the format of web-based video conference live from Boston and participants will be able to ask questions directly to the speaker, Ilya Yacevich, LMFT. The cost is $80 and you can register by contacting bdaCounsellors@live.com – here's the flyer page 1 and page 2!
- A little more imaginative than the usual flowers and chocolates combo, Secrets presents Chocolate Tease, a pre-Mother's day lingerie fashion show for the ladies this Saturday, May 5th in the Mid-Ocean Ampitheatre at the Fairmont Southampton. Doors open at 8.30pm and tickets are $40 from Secrets, Transformations, Clara Bows or Kit n Caboodle – here's the flyer!
- Speaking of Mother's Day, the Fairmont Hamilton Princess will be hosting their Mother’s Day Brunch on Sunday, May 13th in the Harbourview Ballroom. This will be at a cost of $60 $55 plus grats, and includes a glass of champagne – to reserve, call 298-5779.
- Since the end of last year, the island's under 17s have been showing off their singing, dancing, instrumental, comedy, poetry and other skills to audition for the First Annual Bermuda's Youth Got Talent (BYGT) and the top 20 performers will showcase their talent during a ZBM broadcast from 8pm on Monday, May 21st. Recording of these live performances will be on Wednesday, May 9th at the Ruth Seaton James Center for the Performing Arts. This ticketed event will be from 6pm until 8pm and tickets are $20 or $50 for VIP Patrons, and are available from www.ptix.bm. All proceeds go to the Coalition for the Protection of Children - here's the flyer!
- Getting great bargains is all well and good, but how often do you really consider the true cost of what you purchase? This year World Fair Trade Day on Saturday, May 12th is being celebrated across the globe with a fair trade breakfast. In what is believed to be the first authentic fair trade event in Bermuda, CV Cafe will be partnering with the Sweet Saak bakery who will offer a special Fair Trade breakfast menu as well as samples of fair trade muesli. Breakfast options will include eggs, sausages and banana pancakes made with Fair Trade ingredients as well as toast with a variety of fair trade toppings including honey, jam, marmalade and chocolate spread. Breakfast will run from 8.30am until supplies run out - here's the flyer!
- The Bermuda Open Championship for 2012 will be from Thursday, June 14th to Sunday, June 17th at Port Royal Golf Course. There is a professional division, men’s and ladies amateur divisions and a senior men’s and ladies division, with each division crowning a champion. The closing date is June 1st and you can obtain an application form by contacting the Bermuda Golf Association office at 295-9972 or email@example.com – here's the flyer!
- The Fairmont Hamilton Princess have released their weekly offerings for Summer 2012! Firstly, they invite you to chase away those Monday Blues with Martini Monday Madness at Heritage Court, where you can either create your own speciality martini or have the team of Fairmont mixologists create one for you. Next, the Flagpole Terrace, with its beautiful views of Hamilton Harbour, is the setting for the Tuesday Island BBQ with delicious hot-from-the-grill fresh Bermudian favourites from 6pm to 9.30pm. Get over Hump Day with the Wednesday Wine Flight in the hotel lobby from 5.30pm until 6.30pm. Each week will feature fine wines from a different region in the world. Thursday Oyster & Chablis Night will be served tableside at Heritage Court from 5pm. Friday is, of course, Happy Hour from 5pm until 9pm, rain or shine. Saturday Jazz Under The Stars is open-air entertainment by a jazz trio from 6.30pm until 9.30pm for diners at Harley’s Terrace. Cognac and Cigars are also available every night after dinner outside Heritage Court. Finally, Sunday Brunch at Harley’s Restaurant & Harbour Terrace will continue throughout the summer from 12 noon until 3.30pm – here's the flyer!
Quick Recap of Upcoming Bermuda Events
Click on the event name to be taken to the original post with full details. No link means that the details are in this current post. For a handy Calendar view, click here to go to the Bermuda Calendar section:
Re-Interpreting the European Collection - September 1st to May 31st, 2012
City Art Festival - April 26th to May 3rd
The Spring Show and Nahed Eid at Bermuda Arts Centre at Dockyard - April 29th to May 31st
La Trattoria Pasta Buffet - May 2nd
Cinco de Mayo at Victoria Grill and Rumba°r - May 2nd to 5th
Night Market at Royal Bermuda Yacht Club - May 4th
MAMA Car Boot Sale - May 5th
25th Anniversary Catlin End-to-End - May 5th
Overview of Interventions for Trauma Experienced in Childhood – May 5th
Secrets presents Chocolate Tease – May 5th
Reiki Two Course - May 6th
Raw Food Talk - May 9th
Bermuda's Youth Got Talent (BYGT) Round 2 – May 9th
G&S Opera: Verdi's La Traviata - May 12th
Chewstick's T.W.I.G.S. Youth Open-Mic - May 12th
World Fair Trade Day Breakfast at CV Cafe – May 12th
Chopsticks "Choose 8" Mother's Day Tasting Menu - May 13th to May 31st
Fairmont Hamilton Princess Mother’s Day Brunch – May 13th
Raw Food Workshop - May 16th
Nutrifit course - May 16th
Riddell's Bay Indian Buffet Dinner – May 18th
Nothing to Chew in Bermuda: Brazilian Feast - May 19th
First Annual Bermuda's Youth Got Talent (BYGT) – May 21st
9th Annual Guitar Festival - May 25th to 27th
Chewstick's T.W.I.G.S. Youth Open-Mic - June 9th
Destination Dockyard returns - June 11th
Bermuda Open Championship – June 14th to 17th
Summer Sundays in the Park: Rockin' de Rock - July 1st
Summer Camp at Somerset School of Dancing - July 2nd to July 13th
It's a Doll's World - July 22nd to August 4th
Summer Sundays in the Park: Lift Your Voices - August 5th
Correia Construction National Championship Motocross - August 5th
Correia Construction National Championship Motocross - August 19th
Summer Sundays in the Park: Island Vibes - September 2nd
Correia Construction National Championship Motocross - September 2nd
Correia Construction National Championship Motocross - September 16th
Correia Construction National Championship Motocross - September 30th
Correia Construction National Championship Motocross - October 14th
Correia Construction National Championship Motocross - October 28th
Enjoy the rest of the week!