June 6th, 2012
Hmmm…I have the feeling that this is going to be one of those summers that goes by in a flash – we’re already talking about Cup Match, people!! Here’s what’s coming up in Bermuda:
- Hola Hispanophones, Charlar will be hosting Hora Feliz (Happy Hour) at Rumbar from 5.30pm on the first Thursday of each month, beginning tomorrow, Thursday, June 7th. Charlar is a social group for anyone who is passionate about Spanish language and culture and aims to bring together people across Bermuda who enjoy speaking Spanish (fluently or slowly!) on a regular basis. More information on the event, and about the group in general, can be found on their website at http://charlarbermuda.wordpress.com/ or by emailing them directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dig out your very best hat and pearls – MAMA is hosting a High Tea in honour of the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee on Sunday, June 10th from 3pm until 6pm at Tucker’s Point Clubhouse. The cost is $55 per person and you can RSVP to Danielle at email@example.com.
- Razors and Diapers presents Celebrating Fatherhood, a free Brunch and Scavenger Hunt at the Bermuda Aquarium Museum and Zoo on Sunday, June 10th. This event is for fathers and their kids and will run from 11am until 2pm. There is no need to RSVP and there will be prizes for Scavenger Hunt winners – here’s the flyer!
- Quizmasters Paul and Judith Chambers will be testing your knowledge at a fundraising Quiz Night at Bermuda Aquarium Museum and Zoo on Saturday, June 16th. Topics will include general knowledge, music, BAMZ-related themes, picture and mystery rounds, and more. The cost is $100 per team of 4 (over-16s) and all funds raised will benefit the Bermuda Zoological Society conservation education programmes. For more information, or to register, contact Lisa Greene at 299-2329 ext. 2123.
- Jackson School of Performing Arts presents their Summer dance recital for 2012, Dancing Through The Universe. This will be at City Hall Theatre from June 20th until June 23rd, with shows at 7pm nightly. Tickets are $36 for adults, $29 for students and available from www.bdatix.com – for more details, please see www.jacksonsschool.com.
- Bermuda Ocean Explorers are hosting their 1st Annual Sunset Cruise on Saturday, June 23rd aboard the UberVida. The boat will board at 6.30pm for a 7pm departure from the #1 Shed Dock, and the 3 hour cruise will include a cash bar, dinner, music, live entertainment, dancing and free giveaways. General boarding passes are $60, available from www.bdatix.com and include 2 complimentary drink tickets. For more details, see www.bermudaoceanexplorers.com – here’s the flyer!
- The Miss Bermuda Pageant is back! The 2012 edition will be on Sunday, July 8th at the Mid-Ocean Amphitheatre in the Fairmont Southampton. Doors open at 7pm, the show begins 8pm and the seating arrangements are at tables with drink service for Patrons and theatre-style for everyone else. Tickets are $65 for general admission, $85 for Gold, $105 for Patrons and are available from www.bdatix.com – here’s the flyer!
- Teachers Rugby are celebrating their 50th year and are hosting a pre-Cup Match fundraiser to support their ladies team as they go on their first ever tour. The Teachers RFC Ladies T Party will be on Saturday, July 21st from 9pm until 2am at Docksiders – don’t be fooled by the name though as no tea will be served as this event! Instead, the T refers to the dress code as this is a fancy dress party and costumes must begin with the letter T – Tarzan, a Tourist, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, let your imagination go wild with this one. There will be free jello shooters, prizes for best overall costume, most creative costume and silliest costume. Tickets are $20 and can be purchased from www.ptix.bm, Docksiders, any TRFC lady or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org – here’s the flyer!
- After the cricket is done, Team Soca and Team Reggae will face each other in the other big Cup Match clash! The 6th Annual Soca vs Reggae Cup Match After-Party will be at Royal Naval Dockyard on Friday, August 3rd, from 9pm until 3am. In the Soca Corner will be Shal Marshall, DJ Spice and D’General with Wayne Marshall, Poison Dart and Y.G.S in Reggae Corner. Tickets are $40 and available from www.bdatix.com – here’s the flyer!
- Elbow Beach have started a new programme of summer entertainment for Friday evenings as they present Prestege Duo live at the Sea Breeze terrace in the Lido complex. Every Friday until August 31st, Preston Swan and Ed Christopher will be performing from 8pm until 11pm, while you enjoy the cocktails, tapas and view. For reservations, call 236-9884 –here’s the flyer!
- The Spa at Elbow Beach have released their June offers – here’s the flyer with full details!
- The Royal Bermuda Yacht Club are now a certified RYA Training Centre and are offering new Powerboat classes as well as a youth sailing programme for the summer. For full details, please contact email@example.com or 294-6716 – here’s the Sailing flyer and here’s the Powerboat flyer!
Quick Recap of Upcoming Bermuda Events
Click on the event name to be taken to the original post with full details. No link means that the details are in this current post. For a handy Calendar view, click here to go to the Bermuda Calendar section:
Life Aquatic by Milton Hill and Ami Zanders at BSoA – May 25th to June 12th
Male Cancer Checked Out – June 7th
Charlar Hora Feliz (Happy Hour) at Rumbar – June 7th
Daylesford Singers: Shaken not Stirred – June 7th to 9th
Chewstick’s T.W.I.G.S. Youth Open-Mic – June 9th
Flanagans Onions F.C. Euro 2012 Booze Cruise – June 9th
MAMA Diamond Jubilee High Tea – June 10th
Celebrating Fatherhood Brunch and Scavenger Hunt – June 10th
Destination Dockyard returns – June 11th
Bermuda Open Championship – June 14th to 17th
Bermuda Cancer and Health Centre Purple Tag Days – June 15th and 16th
Capital G 24th Annual Iron Kids Triathlon – June 16th
Quiz Night at Bermuda Aquarium Museum and Zoo – June 16th
Jackson School of Performing Arts Summer Recital: Dancing Through The Universe – June 20th to 23rd
Community Family Movie Nights: Fire Proof – June 22nd
Bermuda Ocean Explorers 1st Annual Sunset Cruise – June 23rd
Sandys 360 Summer Academy & Camp – June 28th to August 31st
Summer Sundays in the Park: Rockin’ de Rock – July 1st
Summer Camp at Somerset School of Dancing – July 2nd to July 13th
Sandys 360 Aquatics Camp – July 2nd to August 31st
Miss Bermuda Pageant 2012 – July 8th
Teachers RFC Ladies T Party – July 21st
It’s a Doll’s World – July 22nd to August 4th
Community Family Movie Nights: Joseph – July 27th
6th Annual Soca vs Reggae Cup Match After-Party – August 3rd
Summer Sundays in the Park: Lift Your Voices – August 5th
Correia Construction National Championship Motocross – August 5th
Correia Construction National Championship Motocross – August 19th
Community Family Movie Nights: Courageous – August 24th
Summer Sundays in the Park: Island Vibes – September 2nd
Correia Construction National Championship Motocross – September 2nd
The Family Centre’s Beach Bash – September 14th
Correia Construction National Championship Motocross – September 16th
Correia Construction National Championship Motocross – September 30th
Correia Construction National Championship Motocross – October 14th
Bermuda Kennel Club’s 2012 Bermuda Dog Shows – October 20th to 21st
Correia Construction National Championship Motocross – October 28th
Enjoy the rest of the week!